Stacks:
      UTG ($30.19)
      CO ($25.78)
      BTN ($46.39)
      Hero (SB) ($49.00)
      BB ($29.49)------12/9/AF=9.0 (100h)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is SB K:heart: Q:heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: 3:heart: 6:heart: 7:spade: ($2.55, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2, BTN folds, Hero raises to $7, BB goes all-in $28.64, Hero folds

bet flop or ch/r?
      easy fold against push?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I would b/c on the flop (depending on opponent raise + implied odds etc.), re-evaluate turn.

I would never c/r here, your turning your hand into a bluff and isolating yourself against sets.

c/c is the only line if you check it imo, although this makes you hand way to readable and hence I always choose a b/c line in these cases.
    • zubrils2
      zubrils2
      Bronze
      Easy c/r and call after he shoves against an active SB who is agressive enough post flop to make such a move with a fairly large range. Most of the time it's a flip so given the money invested it's slightly +EV imo.

You could go for a bet on the flop yourself but in that case you have to bet/3bet. Using this line gives you the advantage to basicly balance out your lines if you bet yourself after hitting something like a set or 2 pair. Also you increase fold equity that way. But if you play your strong hands by c/r the flop you should stick to this line with your draws to don't give up information to your opponents that way.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Actually I agree that you bet and shove if he raises in most cases.

Still... I would not use a c/r line here because villain will get the initiative to shove his overpair.

If you lead out, you have the initiative for the shove and may have enough fold equity to make him throw away hands like JJ. (not this particular hand, villain needs to have 100bb stack or close to it to generate enough fold equity against him. Just pointing out the line in general)

I guess its just preferred playing styles, I think its better leading out with aggression so you can represent a really strong hand. AA for example would not take a c/r line with a flop like this and villain knows this. However it would take a bet/shove line.

If he has an overpair your only ahead by 5% on the flop.. its better to get him to fold his overpair then to go for the flip.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zubrils2
      Easy c/r and call after he shoves against an active SB who is agressive enough post flop to make such a move with a fairly large range. Most of the time it's a flip so given the money invested it's slightly +EV imo.

You could go for a bet on the flop yourself but in that case you have to bet/3bet. Using this line gives you the advantage to basicly balance out your lines if you bet yourself after hitting something like a set or 2 pair. Also you increase fold equity that way. But if you play your strong hands by c/r the flop you should stick to this line with your draws to don't give up information to your opponents that way.
      +1
      Once you c/r, then you likely have to call shove, because he could shove wit worse flushdraws, he could have smaller overpair than QQ- then you´re flipping.
      I´d 3B pre-flop myself.