This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

No limit or fixed limit?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am taking a break from poker because I haven't much time to study and play it at the moment. I am a FL player, but started to think about NL and don't know what to do - start learning it or not. At the beginning I played freerolls and earned few $, then played SNG's and one day played NL. I went broke. Again I earned some $ from freerolls, played SNG's and again NL cash - went broke again. Then my classmate recomended to play FL - said this is gold mine :D I thought, really it maybe and I will not go broke so fast while learning. At that time I thought it has smaller variance than NL but I think I was wrong (not 100% sure yet). Then I found pokerstrategy and chose FL without thinking :) Never went broke after that because I found out BRM and follwed it because I already knew what happens if you don't follow it :)

So there is some advantages of starting to learn NL:

:diamond: Players have a better edge over your opponent there than in FL
      :diamond: There is more players in NL (=more fishes? )
      :diamond: More fun when fish bluffs with bad hand and you catch him

And disadvantages:

:diamond: I am playing on mansion and I heard there is to much shortstacks (I should move my BR to ather platform but I have not many platforms to choose (I have untracked accounts on Party, Fulltilt, Stars, maybe some other that I don't remember now).
      :diamond: I have some basic knowledge on FL and if I spend the time studying basic acticles on NL it means I could study more advanced articles on FL and become better at it (I don't have so much time in my life for everything :) )

It would be nice to hear your thoughts.
  • 1 reply