Screw Poker....

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Maybe it's just time to give up... I love the game, and I love to play, but this is really taking the piss.... I can honestly say during this swing I went in ahead at least 75% of the time, and I have been reviewing every session and almost every hand lately..... I found some of my HH's that I thought I lost when my laptop had to be formatted, and added those too.

Check this shit out.

Highest limit on this graph NL25, lowest NL2... Sticking to BRM... And SSS rules with a few BSS hands played, but only on NL2 and I am up on those... Lol.

Bankroll now stands at $30..... Sigh :(
  • 8 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Switch to BSS then?

Downswing suck but you can get through them.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      its part of poker, i suggest you lock out yourself from your poker room for a week which is what i do now...

that way i dont waste my BR...

went through the same thing too ;) ;) ;)
    • JTringer
      JTringer
      Bronze
      40000 hands at that losing rate is not a downswing unless you are literally the unluckiest person in the world, focus on learning and getting better to make yourself a winning player first
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      heh? what's so bad about -1BB/100 over 40k? that's normal if you don't have a huge edge.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you have $30 thats enough to keep playing and built up. a lot of people have started from way less than that :rolleyes:
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      you have $30 thats enough to keep playing and built up. a lot of people have started from way less than that :rolleyes:
      this is true, i restarted from like $15 or something! now just about to push $400 :D . Have some faith and keep it up!
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      True u can rebuild, i went on mad monkey tilt from $150~ to $34 n managed to get it up to over $300 now. Also turned $3 into $28 (ongoin process) so I believe nothin is impossible. You should ban yourself for a few days, do somethin u enjoy totally poker unrelated to take ur mind off it. Then study ur ass off n try to find any leaks u have, and improve ur game in any way u can. Wish u the best of luck.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      thats a hell of a lot of hands not to be winning, i think that over 40k you must be doing something wrong, especially considering it that time period you only ever peaked at +$30 ish and that was after 6k hands or so, in the last 34k you certainly shouldn't have gone this long playing perfectly.

Variance is a pain in the ass, but tricking yourself into thinking variance is an excuse for bad play is not the way to go i have to say. At least the positive factor is, you are doing something wrong and it can be put right..