50$ BR - BSS vs SSS

• Atargatis
      Atargatis
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      I've decided to get my first capital at Fulltilt - Didn't open account yet because didn't have much time because of the kids :D .
      I Read the SSS and the BSS starting articles (Husband showed me the BSS articles on his account ) and it looks like the BSS is more interesting then the SSS which is more "robotic" style of play (no need to think much , at least in low limits) but my question is this , according to BRM rules , I need 25 BI which means 100BB = 2$ so I should play BSS on 0.01-0.02 tables.

Can the BSS be effective on those tables or people will call anything because of the micro limit (I didn't even check yet if that limit exists in Fulltilt).

From this limit it looks like climbing up to the next limit will take ages , no ?

How many started with BSS in micro limit ?

Thank you and have a great weekend. XOXO
  • 15 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      First welcome to PokerStrategy :)

BSS on micro limits is definately possible! Actually its quite easy because you just play good hands and if they call you with nothing then you get paid off!
      BSS is also a bit harder to learn and get used to because you have to learn to play the turn and river whereas in SSS you dont ;)

But SSS is very easy and quite profitable. Not only thats it will clear the bonus and get some rakeback.

But really its up to you and what you prefer and what you think is more profitable.

Good Luck and best wishes :P

-Jack
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

BSS on micro limits is definately possible! Actually its quite easy because you just play good hands and if they call you with nothing then you get paid off!
      BSS is also a bit harder to learn and get used to because you have to learn to play the turn and river whereas in SSS you dont ;)

But SSS is very easy and quite profitable. Not only thats it will clear the bonus and get some rakeback.

But really its up to you and what you prefer and what you think is more profitable.

-Jack
      Hi There ,

What about FL ? its also easy , There is the SHC (Starting Hand Chard) and all one need to do is counting outs and bet accordingly.

I tried SSS 9 tables and lost 10 BI :evil:
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Currently i'm playing BSS at micro limits on Full Tilt Poker, and it is deffinetly possible. People don't just call everything, but you do run into som bad beats and suckouts like you'll always do in poker. But if you just stick to the starting hand chart, you already doing great.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I suggest you try them all and see whats better for you. SSS is not really poker. BSS is a better choice if your aim is not just making money=) .

Try SNGs and FL.

Welcome!
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

-Jack
      Hi There ,

What about FL ? its also easy , There is the SHC (Starting Hand Chard) and all one need to do is counting outs and bet accordingly.

I tried SSS 9 tables and lost 10 BI :evil:
      That ofc is another option, i was just answering the question :P

-Jack
    • thepokerhat
      thepokerhat
      Bronze
      What does Bss mean?
    • merijna
      merijna
      Bronze
      Big Stack strategy = BSS
      small stack strategy = SSS

There you go :)
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      I suggest you playing with the full BUY IN. More fun, money and experience.
    • thepokerhat
      thepokerhat
      Bronze
      @merijna

Thanks mate :)

@all

Where can i find the link to the SSS chart, I´m having problems with that I can only find the BSS (confused) please help a new player :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374/
      http://]Read this article[/URL]
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thepokerhat
      @merijna

Thanks mate :)

@all

Where can i find the link to the SSS chart, I´m having problems with that I can only find the BSS (confused) please help a new player :)
      Hello thepokerhat,

You can find the SSS chart in this article: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1373/ or more precisely here; http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Strategy/en/ps_nl_basic_handout_V3_en.pdf

The rest of the SSS articles (which you probably already read while preparing for the quiz, can be found here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/). They are the basic ones + the bronze ones starting with "Short Stack Strategy".

@The original topic: It is possible to play BSS at the lower stakes - the only problem can be bankroll management. Even at the micro stakes you should try to have at least 30 100 big blind stacks of the limit that you are playing at - since you are otherwise risking going broke due to variance.

It is a widespread myth that bad players make it impossible to win there (since they are just gambling etc.) but exactly the opposite is true. The looser and worse your opponents are, the easier it is to make money off of them. Sure you get sucked out a lot more - but you also get your money in while ahead a lot more.

Best regards and good luck,
      SoyCD
    • thepokerhat
      thepokerhat
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, sir! :)

:D :D :D
    • thepokerhat
      thepokerhat
      Bronze
      Okay I´ve played a bit with both BSS and SSS now.. I prefer BSS, becourse I think SSS involves a lot of coinflips and all-ins, so even though I play with 1$ at the 0,02/0,05$-tables, it is still the strategy that works best for me :)

I recommend BBS ;-)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      ..... I recommend BBS ;-) ....
      Bulletin Board System ?! :D
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      Okay I´ve played a bit with both BSS and SSS now.. I prefer BSS, becourse I think SSS involves a lot of coinflips and all-ins, so even though I play with 1$ at the 0,02/0,05$-tables, it is still the strategy that works best for me :)

I recommend BBS ;-)
      Yeah.... that's not really BSS.