$10,000 Bankroll builder final help

• flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      I have won a seat of the back of a freeroll token to the party poker $10,000 Bankroll builder freeroll tonight. I don't generally play MTT's or S&G's so am after some advice on whether to set up a HUD with PT3 and which stats to use that might help me? Would appreciate any comments.
  • 13 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      gl
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      If you're not going to be playing anything else at the same time, then you don't really need stats imo. You will change tables a few times, and people will change their styles anyway as blinds increase and according to stack sizes. Just be observant and keep an eye out for people who are adjusting (or not adjusting) well to the ever-changing conditions. gl.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Cheers, will post how I fair on this thread after.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      571st

AJ raised early on got reraised so folded
      Few pocket pairs I called, no set so folded
      AKs 10BB left, All in, beaten by JJ.
      Tournament over, very little action.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      571st

AJ raised early on got reraised so folded
      Few pocket pairs I called, no set so folded
      AKs 10BB left, All in, beaten by JJ.
      Tournament over, very little action.
      unlucky with the coinflip

bit of advice playing tourneys , PT & HUD are not much us as you wont build up the information on players & unlikly to meat them again

playing hands like small pocket pairs is very profitable in cash but in MTT play its not worth it , you have to build stack to go deep & aim deep on the final tables
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Cheers would like to play tournaments in the long run, working on improving my cash game at the minute. Playing NL5 on party, very frustrating at times. All in JJ to a guy that 3bet me preflop (his 3bet average was 18%) 97o he was holding, flop comes down showing a 9 and a 7.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Yes once your (and/or villain's) M goes below 20 (green zone), pocket pairs and suited connectors lose their value because you don't have good implied odds anymore. Better luck next time!
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Well I just played a 9 man SnG on betfair $2.75 buy in, came first and won $11.25 ;)
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      I elready played this tournament. Most players were tight, but you clearly see who is limping too much.

My strategy was way too tight, and stealing blinds very light from SB and BU when everyone folds. I was not aiming for first places, since $15 from the last positions was very good for me already when i had a $50 BR
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      I elready played this tournament. Most players were tight, but you clearly see who is limping too much.

My strategy was way too tight, and stealing blinds very light from SB and BU when everyone folds. I was not aiming for first places, since $15 from the last positions was very good for me already when i had a $50 BR

Bad strategy, always aim for 1st, or why the hell you playing for?

When you just try to make the cash, just before the bubble when you should be loosening up to take advantage of all the people that tighten up, you are going to become a nit. For me once I hit the near the bubble phase, this is when I become uber aggressive, and usually increase my stack quite a bit.

Never enter a tournament just to make the cash IMO. Bad plan overall.

Danny
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

When you just try to make the cash, just before the bubble when you should be loosening up to take advantage of all the people that tighten up, you are going to become a nit. For me once I hit the near the bubble phase, this is when I become uber aggressive, and usually increase my stack quite a bit.

Danny
      He prob doesnt have much experience in tourneys and $15 would be a nice addition to his BR. With more experience and a bigger BR he could aim for 1st place imo. I would aim a little higher though as you may fall short of your target.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

Danny
      yes, it was a bad strategy, and i dont recommend it.

This torunament is a freeroll, if you qualify in two freerols, you're in.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yes, always aim for first place unless you just qualified for a big big tourney and the bubble money means a lot to you

in that case better unregister and take $t dollars