[NL2-NL10] Nl2 66 against 3bet

• 5 replies
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      You get 0.12 for 2.17 Potentially. It doesn't go by the Call20 rule PS is trying to teach you, but its a 3bet and he is a huge nit so you could give yourself more implied odds as he has AAKK here in most cases. But its definitely not a leak.

P.S. As you will buy in for more and play with deeper stacks you should be more inclined to call.

I would personally call and bust his AA, as I love doing that ;o
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      It's a clear preflop fold as you can't call for setvalue so you'll loose money longterm.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Preflop: standard raise is 4xBB = 8c.
      You have good implied odds to call.
      Most of the times you will bust him if you improve to a set on the flop.

0.12:2.05 (= 1:17 ) are good implied odds for set mining (1:8)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I would make a normal raise 4xBB, if he then raises you 3x your raise then you can fold.

As played
      It's actually possible to go for set value here, also you have position.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by anstaendig
      It's a clear preflop fold as you can't call for setvalue so you'll loose money longterm.
      lol

And Actually I don't think its a mistake to raise 1BB less at NL2 FR EP when you hold a small pair. You don't mind getting called and you get to keep the PF initiative (C/bet), as opposed to the also super-obvious (to a player that doesn't just focus on his cards like 99% of NL2) limp calling.
      I used to do that when I was 24tabling NL2 for free money.

The fall-back is obviously a bad habit as even at NL5 people will start noticing, and you don't play micros because of the happy meal money but because of the skill you get for higher limits.