Referring family and room mates

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Is it possible for people to sign up for PS from shared IPs? And what about affiliate poker rooms?

The fact is that I have some room mates and brothers and sisters which I might interest for PS or any poker room, but I don't want to risk loosing my PS account or any poker room account because of a possible suspicion of creating multiple accounts since we're sharing IPs.
  • 5 replies
    • garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      I indeed have the same issue. Im at university in South Africa and live in a hostel. Poker is pretty big in our residence and we play once or twice a week, i have told many of my friends about PS's offer and they all want too join, however we have only 3 computers in our residence( obviously that means only 3 IP's ) and the main campus has banned these types of sites from browsing directories etc.

How can i invite them without creating any suspicion about multiple accounts because i dont want to lose my account but want the money from referring them.

My last post i made had a heading "members got deactivated" and i think it was on account of the same IP's etc.

Is there anything we can do to figure something out, i got about 15 guys who would love to join.

Kindest Regards,
      Garythehorse
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am told that this is legal to do .. but about the poker rooms, you have to check the rules of the site, some sites allow multiple accounts from 1 address (like Party Poker) others do not (full tilt for example)
    • jorkata80
      jorkata80
      Bronze
      I refer my brother and father..But his accounts in pokerstrategy was deactivated..I dont know more about this and i dont care but i think that they should have the chance to get starting capital..
    • garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jorkata80
      I refer my brother and father..But his accounts in pokerstrategy was deactivated..I dont know more about this and i dont care but i think that they should have the chance to get starting capital..
      i agree!
    • yossinew
      yossinew
      Bronze
      i read somewhere that it's ok
      but you need that they are register from other computer and other ip.