This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Referring family and room mates

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Is it possible for people to sign up for PS from shared IPs? And what about affiliate poker rooms?

The fact is that I have some room mates and brothers and sisters which I might interest for PS or any poker room, but I don't want to risk loosing my PS account or any poker room account because of a possible suspicion of creating multiple accounts since we're sharing IPs.
  • 5 replies
    • garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      I indeed have the same issue. Im at university in South Africa and live in a hostel. Poker is pretty big in our residence and we play once or twice a week, i have told many of my friends about PS's offer and they all want too join, however we have only 3 computers in our residence( obviously that means only 3 IP's ) and the main campus has banned these types of sites from browsing directories etc.

How can i invite them without creating any suspicion about multiple accounts because i dont want to lose my account but want the money from referring them.

My last post i made had a heading "members got deactivated" and i think it was on account of the same IP's etc.

Is there anything we can do to figure something out, i got about 15 guys who would love to join.

Kindest Regards,
      Garythehorse
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am told that this is legal to do .. but about the poker rooms, you have to check the rules of the site, some sites allow multiple accounts from 1 address (like Party Poker) others do not (full tilt for example)
    • jorkata80
      jorkata80
      Bronze
      I refer my brother and father..But his accounts in pokerstrategy was deactivated..I dont know more about this and i dont care but i think that they should have the chance to get starting capital..
    • garythehorse
      garythehorse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jorkata80
      I refer my brother and father..But his accounts in pokerstrategy was deactivated..I dont know more about this and i dont care but i think that they should have the chance to get starting capital..
      i agree!
    • yossinew
      yossinew
      Bronze
      i read somewhere that it's ok
      but you need that they are register from other computer and other ip.