[NL20-NL50] AQo SB - BB resteals?

• 7 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      BB steals at nearly twice their regular range (29 vs 16) so villain appears positionally aware (small hand sample though).

Did you steal from them a few times prior to this?

Its hard to make a decision here without being able to read your own image in the villain's mind. If you have no reason to believe BB is just "restealing" its a good fold.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think he restealed me 2 times before this hand. His nickname had the word "Raiser" in it. I remember hoping for a good hand to 3-bet him with.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      In that case we play fast and nasty. 4bet if we are confident in our read.

Im expecting villain to fold to the 4bet but if he shoves im calling. I dont want him to think he can just continue attacking my late raises and ill fold every time; in that case we might as well fold anything except AA/KK in the SB, which is rediculous :)

If you dont want to consider having to bigstack-off preflop with AQ to hold your own in the blind wars, simply leave the table and go somewhere else. You dont have to fight a blind war against an aggressive BSS blind defender just because you happen to be stuck next to one at the moment :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

If he were doing such moves pretty often then I'd 4bet and try to get my money in and show him that I am able to push my money against him. The stats are pretty messed up, how can PFR be higher than VPIP. :D

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

If he were doing such moves pretty often then I'd 4bet and try to get my money in and show him that I am able to push my money against him. The stats are pretty messed up, how can PFR be higher than VPIP. :D

Best regards,
      Rensu
      What's the minimum hand requirements for the 4-bet in this case?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      What's the minimum hand requirements for the 4-bet in this case?
      Depending on the BBvsSteal, if it's like 30 I am usually taking like AQ+,99+ or something similar. :P
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If player is 3-betting a lot then 4-bet/get it all-in is fine.
      You can also call, although you´re oop, and if you hit yoru A or Q, then get all-in.
      But mostly fold is fine there.