Starting Capital question

• Angelomon
      Angelomon
      Bronze
      Hello

Just wanted to know how far my starting capital is? It has been 4 days since the security team got all my ID information etc.
      And also a question about the platform i choosed. I took pacific... is it mayby good idea to try to get the bonus with SNG`s and tournaments?
      I kinda dislike cash games:(
      Hope i will get the capital soon, to try with tournaments =)
  • 4 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      SNG's and Tournaments aren't the greatest at Pacific.
    • Angelomon
      Angelomon
      Bronze
      So u would say i should try on cash tables?
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Bad news: you chose a wrong platform to clear the $100 =)
      Good news: there's so much fish at pacific, that bonus is still clearable=)

IMHO, it doesn't matter if you play SnGs or SSS, if you want to clear the bonus, you HAVE TO go up a few limits. However, most of the players are so bad, that if you play right and with some luck, you can quickly build your BR even on FL.

In order to clear the bonus you need to rake $400.

Problems with cash tables: there are very few of them at pacific. FL is empty most of the time. NL are fine though.

SnGs: it's difficult to build your BR with proper BRM, because there are very few low buy-in tournaments. However, there are $0.8 40-seaters which are your personal ATMs, and then if you make it to $2.5 SnGs then you're fine.

I play SnGs and i raked about $50 in my first month. I had to adopt a more slack BRM (playing DoNs and sometimes regular sngs one limit above recommended), although i do not suggest you try it before your play becomes decent.

My advice would be to forget about the bonus and concentrate on your game. As soon as you make it to $10 SnGs, your bonus will become MUCH closer and you won't have problems clearing it.

PS it usually takes a while for the capital to arrive.

Good luck!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      What mChavez said is true.

If you raise pre-flop, bet flop, bet turn, and check river; your opponent will a lot of the time go all in, which may be something like $100 into a $20 pot.

They tend to thing "if he's checking he's given up the hand and must of bluffed". Lots of opportunity to make some money from slow playing the nuts on the river!