Tournaments and Sit'n'Go don't count as Raked Hands. Why?

• Nerun
      Pokerstars gets money from these events, and you play a ton of hands especially in tournaments. I wonder why they don't count as raked hands.

I have found myself enjoying tournaments and Sit'n'Go's a lot more than normal tables and had some nice results there. Now i am forced to play on normal tables to advance in PokerStrategy levels, because they are based on raked hands.

I understand that working yourself up the limit steps and establishing a solid bankroll management is important, but I wish there would be at least a small amount of reward for the endless hours you spend in a tournament for example.

Please don't take it as a rant, it's more curiosity that drives me :)
  • 2 replies
    • HoRRoR
      well its partypoker ;)

but yeah it really sucks, i am sng player too

but for beginners the 3$ and 6$ sngs are very hard, because of the huge rake, so building your bankroll via cashgames and after that with enough bankroll switching to 11$ is actually the best way right now.

pokerstrategy is trying to lower the rake on lower sng limits, but its kinda take a while i guess, but playing the first bonus with raked hand is a good training for cashgames which will actually help u alot later, also in tourneys
    • Stefan1000
      I know that SNG are really interesting for beginners.

I mean you see the whole TV tournaments, WSOP and what ever and SNG's give you a similar feeling, BUT please try to start with some cash games. It doesn't matter if its Limit or Fixed.

Both give you the fundamentals you need really need later on for the SNG's like reading board structures or judging the value of your hand according to the board and lot of more. Especially the experience is so important.

Best regards,