$59.39
      MP3:
      $12.28
      CO:
      $13.87
      BU(Hero):
      $27.50

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 7, 3, 5 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4.25, CO raises to $13.12(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.35.

Villain 29/17 AF3.0 over 75 hands. I need around 30% equity to call and I think I'm just short of 30%, even if I include something like AK and 66 in his range...

Any other way to play this? Do I make the call anyway because he can have any sort of crazy shit?
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Well Played? Hell no.

You have a good showdown value here and you are either way ahead (overcards) or way behind (overpair), so the flop raise doesn't make any sense at all, especially if you intend to fold to his push.

You want to see the showdown as cheaply as possible.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      either way, this is bad played by villain if he holds an overpair since he probably has to fold.

It does not really matter if you raise/fold flop or call flop and fold turn, since it is equilly ev imo. Sometimes you pick up the pot on the flop, and sometimes he can secondbarrel bluff you.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      How is it badly played if he has an overpair?
      You would fold with AA if you get raised in this spot 5handed? If yes than you are a huge nit.

He is an aggressive opponent, I don't see any reason why not to call flop, and re-evaluate on later streets, I would want to call him down unless he gets crazy with betting sizes.

And if you really want to knock him out of the pot for some unknown reason than floating is much cheaper, you are commiting yourself with the flop raise too much, and you are practically turning your hand into a bluff.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      This is just a very ugly board, and a raise here is not too often a bluffraise but a valueraise. In this matter rather a proberaise, if you go AI every time on this board with AA, you just overplay an overpair, which is a big leak for most of the non-experienced players.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Ugly board? wat?

If he is a huge nit that his range is JJ-TT, 33,55,77 against which you still have 56% equity with AA.

And if he plays like a bot who is passive than guess you can fold, but against 90% of villains 5 handed their range is 33,77,55 TT against which you still can call.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I think Lemon has a valid point... but in this case I guess I just wanted him to define his hand on the flop and get it over and done with. He had a turn AF of 4.0 and I didn't want to call a turn bet with no idea if he has 67, overcards, or AA.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I go for a call down line depending on bet sizes. If he really does have a hand he sometimes just checks turn or river to maybe induce a bluff. I see very little sense in getting it in on the flop or even raising while we have position since we only have overpair and a low one at that. Doesn't make sense to play a big pot with 88 overpair.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Becaus eof opponent stack size, if you raise you have to go with your hand, because he´d likelya lso shove there with any pair and some draws.