[NL20-NL50] top pair issue

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      ok example, i have AK and make my standard preflopraise and get one caller. flop is Q7K.. i end up loosing my hole stack against KQ.. am i playing too loose when im putting my money into the pot with this kind of hand? it seems like toppair is the hand i loose big pots with. someone always flop a set(wich i never do by the way) or as in this case two pair.. should i stop putting my dollars in with toppair?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Standard mistakes, at the beginning everyone gets such leak, it's very common. With experience you will get used to it and will understand how to play in such spots and also will know when it's good to fold. Most likely playing profitable TPTK you have to know opponents, that's why stats are good for.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      No, the standard should be bet-bet-bet at micros, and you have to have a good read not to do so.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Depends on the player, board dynamics and your image and a lot different things if you shoudl play top pair for stacks, at some opponents it is nuts, at some, you can get away.