New To PokerStrategy.Com But I bring experience and a desire to SUCEED!

• REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Hi All,
      My Name is Rene Emmell and Im a 35 year old poker player from way up in the northern part (Timmins Ontario) of Canada.
      I have been playing online poker at FulltiltPoker.com for about 5 years and have managed to refine my game to the point where Im now confident the game is not rigged and I am making money.

Since joining PokerStrategy.com, I recieved my starting capital about a week ago and chose MansionPoker.com as my new battle ground. So far I am up about $10 while 5 tabling the $1+.20 sit and gos and can easily see myself getting to the next level of BRM within the next 2 weeks or so. There are so many weak players on Mansion I reckon it will become my newest cash cow and I'll be singing the praises of those who run PS.com!

All that being said, I want all the newer players to understand that even though it may seem like this game is unbeatable and the tables are rigged in the websites favor, IT IS NOT! It just seems that way when you have leaks in your game. All players need to be at the top of their game making minimal mistakes to get to the next level. Once the leaks are plugged its usually clear sailing and as good as money in the bank. Mind you, we all have downswings and dont win each and every session but when your opponents are making more mistakes than you are on a regular basis your poker career will blossom into all you ever wished it could be.

The best part is that PokerStrategy.com is by far one of the best places I have found (and I have tried many) that makes you earn your stripes and understand each part of the game before you advance farther in their teachings. Their bankroll management startegies are the strictest I have come across but make total sense in the long run. I know I will never lose all my starting capital of $50 if I follow their advice to a Tee. Im no different than any of you so its fair to say anyone and everyone can achieve the same kind of success I envision for myself with the wealth of knowledge at my fingertips. You just have to want it bad enough to force yourself to take this game seriousely everytime you sit down to play.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting new friends here on this site and I am so looking forward to being the next poster boy for success.Good luck to all who run into me at the tables. Your going to need it :)

Regards
      REmmell
  • 18 replies
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Hi Rene !
      Nice to meet other people from canada :)

And for the rigged part It is so true ! I used to think online poker was rigged and everything but since ive been sticking to brm I didint even got close to being broke and sticking to the strategies + having a winning rate shows that its not rigged and you only need to play well ( minimize errors :) )

Good luck !
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Hi bobdefete
      Nice to meet you. Where in Canada do you live?
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Im from Quebec , in Ile perrot , an Island to the west of montreal, really close from ontario border .
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello REmmell,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.

You may be interested in the "Any other Canadians @ this site" thread in the International Meeting Place area.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Hope your not a habs fan Bob :)

Thanks for the heads up and the kind welcome TheBu11d0g Ill be sure to add my 2 cents to that thread.
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Yeah lol I have to be a habs fan !!! I was born in montreal, it's the team i've been watching my whole life :)

By the way , I was downtown last year when we beated boston and it was chaos it was so fun :D
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Someday the Leafs will make the playoffs lol,...... Someday!

To bad the habs could'nt put it together this year. They could be in much worse shape come july. Must have been heart breaing to see them get swept
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by REmmell
      Someday the Leafs will make the playoffs lol,...... Someday!

To bad the habs could'nt put it together this year. They could be in much worse shape come july. Must have been heart breaing to see them get swept
      NOT IN THE LEAST!! :D I called it JUSTICE!
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      No in fact they were looking really bad against boston haha!

Oh Remmell i was wondering if you could help me improve my game cause i've been looking at your stats and you seem quite good :)

Since we're not to far from eachother we wont have problem with the hours :D

Im thinking of going back to 1.2$ since im playing 2.4$ and not doing so well,
      so 1.20$ and wanna get a minimum of 15-20% ROI before moving back up!

If your interested send me a message.

Thanks.
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Be more then happy to help Bob.

email me at cujos_dman@yahoo.com
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey REmmell and welcome to the site!

Good to see another SNG player joining our ranks - we are always happy about more traffic in our Strategy / Hand Evaluation boards :)

It seems like you are bringing a good attitude to the tables - so I wish you the best of luck in using our content here to improve and move up the limits :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      First time I see this attitude from a newcomer =)

welcome and gl!
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Rene and good luck :)
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Thanks for the kind words guys.
      Looking forward to meeting you at the tables.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hi :) I play on Mansion 1,20 dollar SnG too. You play turbos or regulars?? My name there is HEffron89 we might seen each other on tables D:
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Hi I play on Mansion 1,20 dollar SnG too. You play turbos or regulars?? My name there is HEffron89 we might seen each other on tables D:

Kewl, I'll keep a lookout for you. I always play "Toronto" regular $1.20

Feel free to give me a shout if you spot me. Just dont expect me to go easy on you lol Its all business when we're at the tables :D
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by REmmell
      Hi I play on Mansion 1,20 dollar SnG too. You play turbos or regulars?? My name there is HEffron89 we might seen each other on tables D:

Kewl, I'll keep a lookout for you. I always play "Toronto" regular $1.20
      Feel free to give me a shout if you spot me. Just dont expect me to go easy on you lol Its all business when we're at the tables :D
      not sure why but this really stuck at :D . I loved it.

Good luck and excited to see you around the forums! :)
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      not sure why but this really stuck at . I loved it.

LOL Im all business at the tables. I treat all my capital as an investment and I really hate to lose. Thats what drives me to learn constantly about poker.
      I have read all john voorhos books as well as 2 volumes of Harrington on Hold em. Throw in Doyle Brunsons two super system books and I pretty much have the library covered! But the real meat of my learnings come from these types of online sites.
      I really like Poker strategy.com as it covers all the important aspects (and then some) of online poker and the many various profitable strategies.I cant wait to see my progress report 6 months from now.

Its all about having the right attitude, and I think I bring that in spades when it comes to poker.

see ya at the top!

REmmell