($50 Capital) REmmell vs MansionPoker - SNG Blog

• REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      My name is Rene Emmell and I live in Northern Canada.
      I have 5 years of previous online experience and play exclusively in Sit N Go tournaments. I used to play solely at Fulltilt until I found this site. Now I am challenging myself to start my poker career from scratch ($62.21 PokerStrategy Capital), and see where the poker gods will lead me.

As of this writing I have been playing for a week (@MansionPoker.com), so far and have a total bankroll of $72.21. I started out the first few days playing in the .50+.10 games but have since raised the bar and started playing in the $1+.20 games and have been much more successful. I currently am unemployed so I have a little more time than I should have to play poker. My goal is to play in at least 10 tournaments per day minimum while trying to ultimately achieve the next level in my BRM and collect enough strategy points to make it to the silver level of PokerStrategy.com's ranking system. Im sure to prove how easily this can be done using the startegies provided by this site and their coaches.

So far to date,......

Played ITM ITM% ROI%
      28 16 57% 135%

Profit/Loss $10.2

*ITM= In The Money
      *ROI= Return On Investment

Stay tuned for more detailed editions of this blog in the coming days. Hopefully I'll make a few fans out of you railbirds along the way.

REmmell
  • 8 replies
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Today I managed to play 5 sessions at the $1+.50 tables playing 5 games at once for a total of 25 games. My bankroll took a bit of a hit and now sits at $69.99 down almost $2 since my last post here this afternoon. I made an untimely error while playing AK during my last session which in my opinion cost me and caused this bit of a downswing. I was also unlucky while slowplaying AA late in another SNG. But so goes another great day of poker.

I would like to share a few of my current stats since beginning play at MansionPoker.com hoping to illustrate exactly the kind of tight aggressive poker I play.

Hands: 3588
      Pre Flop Cold Call %: 0.8

Calling 2+ bets "cold" preflop. Numbers greater than 10% show looseness.
      Raising preflop more than 10% is somewhat wild. 5% is average. Less than 3% is passive.

(Flop Seen)Win %: 48.8
      (Flop Seen)Fold %: 43.2
      ============================
      This is the ratio of (bets+raises) to calls. Greater than 2 is aggressive, less than 1 is passive.
      (Flop)Aggression: 2.2
      (Turn)Aggression: 1.5
      (River)Aggression: 1.1
      (Pre Flop Raise)W$SD: 89.7
      (Flop Bet)W$SD: 80.0
      (Flop Raise)W$SD: 87.5
      (Turn Bet)W$SD: 60.0
      (Turn Raise)W$SD: 100
      (River Bet)W$SD: 100
      (River Raise)W$SD: 100
      (All In)W$SD: 93.0
      Numbers lower than 50% show weak hands at showdown.

As you can see I almost never come into a hand if the pot has been raised before me and I almost always raise before I enter a pot. The tough part is knowing when to push\fold at the right time. I find the charts offered on this site are great and work very well as long as you pay attention to your opponents stack and their position along with taking a good guess as to what their hand ranges are. It really pays to figure out who the loose players are before you reach the end game.

REmmell
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      In todays edition I want to point out the fact this was a downswing in my current progress losing a WHOPPING $3.75 dropping my bankroll to $68.46
      (Also note that I played one $2+.50 double up tourney which contributed to the total loss)

Although I made a few mistakes with 2 hands involving JJ-TT (I will try to post these mistakes in the future once I figure out how to get hand history from Mansion poker)I feel I played very consistent through the 36 games I played over this span and were it not for a little bad luck going out 4th in my last tourny with my AA vs a Q6s shove I could very well have broken even.

Here are my latest figures. I made it a point to be a little more aggressive on the flop and turn so my figures should show a slight change/increase because of this.

Hands: 5170
      Pre Flop Cold Call %: 1.6

Calling 2+ bets "cold" preflop. Numbers greater than 10% show looseness.
      Raising preflop more than 10% is somewhat wild. 5% is average. Less than 3% is passive.

(Flop Seen)Win %: 49.6
      (Flop Seen)Fold %: 41.9
      This is the ratio of (bets+raises) to calls. Greater than 2 is aggressive, less than 1 is passive.
      (Flop)Aggression: 2.5
      (Turn)Aggression: 1.5
      (River)Aggression: 1.3
      (Pre Flop Raise)W$SD: 87
      (Flop Bet)W$SD: 83.3
      (Flop Raise)W$SD: 92.3
      (Turn Bet)W$SD: 60.0
      (Turn Raise)W$SD: 100
      (River Bet)W$SD: 100
      (River Raise)W$SD: 100
      (All In)W$SD: 91.7
      Numbers lower than 50% show weak hands at showdown.

Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback to make this blog a little more interesting. Also any advice on pulling hand histories from Mansion would be a great help :)
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      The last few sessions have been anything but exciting and the current downswing had me breaking even until today where I ended up $4.40 lighter in my bankroll which today totals, $66.46.

But on the positive side I should have achieved silver rank which opens up new articles and videos for me to help elevate my game. Maybe there is something in there that will help me win more coinflips where Im ahead in the hand.lol I actually lost one hand today (not a coinflip) holding AKs vs Q2o. Im still trying to figure out where this guy gets off reraising a raise of 4bb and then calling my re raise shove with 6 players remaining and for more then 3000 chips. Of course his stack was 100 chips bigger then mine and I was at this point down the road kicking stones and out of the tournament. Such is poker at the micro levels!

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Good news! I figured out that Mansion Poker is actually a part of the ipoker network and you can manually import your hand historys to this directory in poker tracker3. Now I can start adding graphs to my blog (obviousely I was to lazy to do it today lol). Heck, I may even go further than that but I'll have to keep the extras to myself so that you people have a reason to keep reading this blog. I can feel the suspense building already ;)

Have a great weekend folks! I have my kids all weekend so I wont be hitting the tables again until probably Monday with my new silver ranking and a load of new knowledge to put to use.

Regards
      REmmell
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hey Remmel

Welcome to PS and good luck with your goals... you should have fun on Mansion and climbing the limits, it's filled with fish so enjoy :s_biggrin:

Nick
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      As you can see, according to the graph above Im ( - $10 ) since I started this quest to get to $175 and level 2 of my plan. At this rate I wont be getting to the $2 SNG tables anytime soon. Wednesday will make it 2 weeks of negative swing poker and it doesnt seem to be getting any better as I just played 6 games and couldnt cash any of them. Thankfully I had $10 of my bonus released to keep me at a break even pace as I continue the journey to poker greatness. lol

Even though I have made a commitment to not call bets after the flop if I hold just one pair (thats not Aces,Kings) I havent seen any positive results except that I end up finishing tournaments routinely in 5th,4th and 3rd place. Variance seems to suck the confidence out of a player when this happens but Im holding strong to the belief that as long as I keep going into pots with the best hand, eventually I will be rewarded.

However, I do have a question for you guys today!

How many Big Blinds are you down to, before you are All In with any hand?

I usually get to 5xBB before I will push any 2. My guess is I may be pushing to tightly. what do you guys think?

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      I am not a great sng player, but I believe it is correct to wait untill 5bb as you say. I think a lot of folk still push at 10bb, which I think is a little too early, because generally SNGs are full of people making mistakes and 6bb, is better than the guy who donked off his stack for no apparent reason :)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      i don't like your "not call any bets with just one pair" rule. The most chips I get in the early a middle stage are from top pair top kickers and overpairs. Of course those are usually aces and kings but also very often queens and sometimes jacks (although I would usually not go broke with overpair of jacks). Visit some coachings or watch videos to sort this out. It's not that hard to tell when it is profitable to call or even raise with just one pair.

Also I don't see any mention of ICM in your blog. ICM trainer should be a very close friend of every SNG player in my opinion.

You seem to have stopped the freefall and started making money again. If you will also work on your game really hard you might as well be playing 2$ SNGs or even higher limits sooner than you'd expect..