Known players:
      MP2 = ($3.24)
      MP3 = ($6.68)
      CO = ($3.19)
      BU(Hero) = ($5.22)
      SB = ($5.15)
      BB = ($10.68)

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, 9.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, CO folds, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 9, 6, 2 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.7, MP3 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.77) 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.77.

I know, that calling pf was bad, how about the rest?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Is your hand suited? A converter would be nice to know the suits of your hand and the board.

Well, calling preflop can be OK if you know your opponent, that you can outplay him postflop and that the people behind you are tight so they won't call too. However if you don't have stats or if you're a beginner I wouldn't recommend such plays. Just saying it's not doable is a too short-sighted though, but I think you shouldn't do it without more experience first and then knowing why you do it.

As played, raising on the flop is not very good because you turn your hand into a bluff - basically only better hands will call you and you lose value from his bluffs because they will just fold. I would play call flop, call turn and fold river. Calling turn also depends a bit on your opponent, does he never cbet turn without a hand? Then don't call. Does he do it frequently? Then calling is good. Most people don't bet 3 streets without a hand though, so that is why I fold on the river. :)