I have one good day and the next day I lose it all.Why?:(

• En3rGie21
      En3rGie21
      Bronze
      Hi ,this is my first post...so sorry for the mistakes. I have a problem , I play cash ( 5 NL or 10 NL ) let`s say I have a good day , play tight ,position , aggressive and I make 20-25$ the next day after that I lose everything playing just the same as I did the day before .It seems I just can`t get any good card no more..I lose with cards like KK , AA ,beaten by a donk with 23 or 68 and it just goes down and down. It happen to me every time a get up a bit. Why is that??:(
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      cause it's variance. You'll win with AA in 80% times, but you'll lose with them in 20% of the times. That means that even if you just lost AA 5 times, you'll eventually win it 20 next times. At least that's how it works in the long run... Even when you're playing perfect you can not always expect to have profit. If you're using a tracking program, check out the W$SD (Won $ at showdown) and if it's below 45-50, it's just variance. In any case, evaluating hands and reading articles always helps you to take a break from poker and educate yourself :) . So keep your head up and i hope that the downswing ends soon for you!
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hey, the last 2000 hands I lost 13 buyins and recovered 8. Yesterday I had hands like QQ, KK, AA and AK lose 6 times in a row! Today I started to play and my first JJ and KK sank like the Titanic. You didn't see me bitching about it when I lost though.
      I reviewed the hands and I was happy with the way I played. If you're playing it right profit will come. Why you lose when you play correctly? Cause this is a gambling game and has the element of luck! i know it makes you grind your teeth when your all in with KK is called by the smart guy with 45s and he flops the straight but the rest 9 times out of ten the math says that you're favorite to win, you know?

My advice is to stick with your bankroll management, step down a limit if it's going very bad, play the way you're supposed to and it'll pay off.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Over time you will see this is normal, even 72o beats AA like thirteen times out of a hundred.

You will win more by putting in volume; the more hands you play, the more you will win. But dont multitable more than you can handle. Personally I take it slow, I don't want to get to a point where I hate the game lol.

You will accelerate/double your winnings by reading/printing the articles and watching videos. Make sure you read the articles on overpairs and top pairs(postflop play).
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I really know how you feel. I play SNGs and yesterday i was about 12 BI up. Nothing special, just bad opponents.

Today its just unbelievable. I have not won a single SNG!!! Every time the opponents suck out. I'm down about 20 BI now. aaaaarghhhhh i'm tilting.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze