Stack
      Hero:
      $60.31
      BB:
      $63.19
      MP2:
      $50.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.00, MP2 raises to $10.50, Hero calls $9.00, BB calls $4.50.

Flop: ($31.50) 6:heart: , 9:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $49.81 (All-In)

Villain had a high fold to 3bet of own open raise so far.
  • 10 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think I'd rather shove pre-flop here. Since he has a high fold to 3b and he decided to 4b here, he might very well be willing to go with it. I might do something silly like 5betting to $25, leaving $25 behind or something. And shove any flop obviously.

I don't like playing tricky OOP tbh, as you might get yourself into awkward spots.

Here, if I know that BB is a squeeze monkey, sure, I'll flat, but I'll shove over his squeeze.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'd just stick it in on that min4Bet. If he's willing to do that he must have something decent and even if he folds there's going to be less variance beating me up.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      My thought process at that point (minraise 4bet) was to flat it and hope BB shoved it. If BB shipped at that point MP2 was completely committed to a call or a raise. If he called id have shoved and he was again committed to another call, while if he raised or shoved, even better.

I think the fact that I flatted a 2bet then flatted a 4bet might have given my hand away anyway though, but not quite as obviously as playing cold call-raise would have. I was still clinging to whatever deception was left for my hand by flatting the 4.

The flop was kind as the only likely hand we were even in any trouble against was AhKh from the SB. JJ remotely possible but would be very unlikely to play a 3bet-call squeeze.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Shove pre-flop, noone would really put yopu on aces there.
      and being oop, I´d prefer 3-bet pf.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I wouldn't say that none would but you on aces preflop. I have seen so many times that some just coldcall and then shove if a raise comes, it's very often AA or KK but as played I am also trying to get my money in preflop.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      the only likely hand we were even in any trouble against was AhKh from the SB.
      How many Ah are in that deck? xD

It does look like they might fold if you 5-bet so I understand your line of thinking, but I would prob 5-bet since there are 2 opponents.
      Also he might think you are raising because it worked(he folded) before.
      Since you do not have a nitty image, they will be more inclined to call/shove.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      If you call PRE (Wouldn't reccomend it as you might end up in a 3way pot) you have to check-raise, what is the point of calling if you shove like this?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      The reason u deceive is to get more money in the pot right? Well here u go, u got quite a nice pot in there that u could possibly take down without showdown. U managed to invite more money in the pot with the squeeze and 4Bet, no need to deceive further.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I wouldn't say that none would but you on aces preflop. I have seen so many times that some just coldcall and then shove if a raise comes, it's very often AA or KK but as played I am also trying to get my money in preflop.
      A lot of the time it's a fish with TT or AQ who just decides "fuck it" and shoves... but yeah they're usually mid-to-short stacked I don't think our Hero has that fish image.

IMO once you're lucky enough to get squeezed and then 4bet preflop, then just shove. If any of them has anything worthy they'll just go with it as well.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Good catch Brood! I liked the flop already, but if I had taken the time to consider "oh, *I* hold the Ah" id have been even happier with it.

The more I think about this hand the more I think the OOP demanded a 5-bet/shove once BB squeezed and MP 4bet. I know MP was calling all the way (KK, called my postflop shove).

Hoping BB would put that 5bet in for me was probably a little too hopeful :) AK, QQ are both flatting a 4bet, so the only way BB is 5betting is holding KK/AA himself, which postflop we find out he wasnt (insta-folded to shove; probably AK/AQ/TT).