This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50: standard line vs. unkown shortie?

• mrandom
      mrandom
      Bronze
      First villains hand at the table.

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      4 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN ($21.62)
      SB ($25.50)
      Hero (BB) ($68.00)
      [BTN posted $0.5]

Pre-flop: ($1.25, 4 players) Hero is BB A:spade: 6:heart:
      BTN checks, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $2

Flop: A:heart: T:club: 2:club: ($5.25, 2 players)
      BTN checks, Hero bets $5, BTN goes all-in $19.12, Hero calls $14.12

Standard?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I'd bet a bit less on flop, ~$4 and might find a fold button.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      to be honnest I never do such PF. raises with A-rag OOP (and Im a LAG player), you can justify it because hes a shortstack (so youre loking for a TP hand to stick it in but 40bb is not a real SS), for me its kinda close eventho he posted the blind

this hand is wrong, how can BTN check 1st?

anyway I bet less on flop (in my opinion its almost must, because if you bet pot he will shove air+weak draw rarely because he saw your strenght by the potbet) so I bet 3.5-4$ and call a shove of course
    • mrandom
      mrandom
      Bronze
      Thank you for your responses!

Originally posted by Talic
      to be honnest I never do such PF. raises with A-rag OOP (and Im a LAG player), you can justify it because hes a shortstack (so youre loking for a TP hand to stick it in but 40bb is not a real SS), for me its kinda close eventho he posted the blind

this hand is wrong, how can BTN check 1st?

anyway I bet less on flop (in my opinion its almost must, because if you bet pot he will shove air+weak draw rarely because he saw your strenght by the potbet) so I bet 3.5-4$ and call a shove of course
      Converter messed something up, don't know why.
      IIRC: villain posted in the CO, I was on the BTN.

Also, glad to have a confirmation that it is OK to play top pair no kicker against unknown semi-shortie :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      If he had like 20-30bb it would be def. better for your TPNK, 40bb is like borderline for going broke here