Detailed push or fold charts for SSS (Can i use SnG chart?)

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like to stay at the table with stacks under 15bb, which is usally a push or fold play, and i need a chart for it which tells the minimum range for each position and stack size to be +EV to push. Something similar to the Sklansky-Chubokov tables here at PS, but more detailed.
      Something that goes from like 3bb to 15bb and for every position. I looked for it on the net, but haven't find one. The Sit'n Go players talk about push or fold a lot, but there the equity is calculated differently because of the prizing, so i don't know if those charts can be used to cash games too.

For example this one here in PS:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/787/2/
      What do you think? Can i use this for SSS?

Also there was a thread on 2+2, where a guy tried to calculate it by simulation, but i don't know if his results are reliable.
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/15/poker-theory/nl-holdem-short-stack-push-fold-tables-405600/

I would like to see a chart that is based on the Skalnsky-Chubokov logic, so that it's +EV to push even if the players behind can see my hole cards. You can push with wider range, but that would be a good starting point.

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I suppose sklansky covered most of this with his calculated pushes so I don't see a reason for a chart like that if you already got to play above micro stakes...
      a push or fold move depends on a lot of factors and imo even the slansky pushes are quite marginal situations as I noticed I have one or two hands / session where I can apply those numbers (twice every 400 - 500 hands isn't that much)

apart from this, you can check out xarry's chart collection as it is more than helpful in a lot of situations. I don't have the link, but you can ask someone here in the forums to paste it or visit one of the coachings (xarry posts the link there every time). it isn't about PF pushing, but it really saves you from a lot of in-game math difficulties