This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Doubled my seed money!

• drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Took four days, and hours upon hours of playing but as of 15 minutes ago I have no officialy doubled the $50 starting funds from Poker Startegy. A huge thanks again to Poker Strategy and their ingenious program and strategies. Hopefully in another four days I will have doubled again :) ... would be a nice trend to keep up!
  • 7 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Keep up the grind!

And don't donk it all away again if you start running a bit worse ;)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      How did you manage that? Nice effort.
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      "How did you manage that?"

Playing $1 double up sitngo's, 4 at a time, usually winning 3 of the 4 and taking about 30-45 mins. Once I got up to about $80 I treated myself to a $5 buy in a $6,000 gauranteed tourny and won $32. I know it is against brm, but I was in a celebratory mood so I made a one time exception.

Now I'm on the $2 sitngos, but only have about $110. Hoping things go well right off the bat so I don't have to downgrade to $1's again, but I am totally willing to do so if need be.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I think it's the same as in real-life when you treat yourself to an holiday which costs more than you earn that month ;)
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I think treats work really well. You know that it is a treat and not a tilt, so that adds positive attitude in your mind which is always required for solid poker.

Nice job, which site do you play at ?
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Playing at Mansion, and as an update I am now within $14 of tripling my seed money! Calling it a night for now though. And I totally agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with the odd treat so long as you go into it knowing it is a treat when you are up and not goin into it when you are down and trying to get back up.
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Now have just over $250! Not too bad for under a month I don't think. I did have some major struggles getting past $150, I would get a few dollars over than go down $10-$15, and back and forth for days, but things have finally turned around again and I soared right past that stubborn $150 mark, the $200 mark and now have $253!!

I know if I do much better people will start wanting to see graphs so I must ask... what do i use to get the graphs? I am also contemplating starting a blog so any info on that would be greatly appreciated as well!