Doubled my seed money!

• drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Took four days, and hours upon hours of playing but as of 15 minutes ago I have no officialy doubled the $50 starting funds from Poker Startegy. A huge thanks again to Poker Strategy and their ingenious program and strategies. Hopefully in another four days I will have doubled again :) ... would be a nice trend to keep up!
  • 7 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Keep up the grind!

And don't donk it all away again if you start running a bit worse ;)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      How did you manage that? Nice effort.
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      "How did you manage that?"

Playing $1 double up sitngo's, 4 at a time, usually winning 3 of the 4 and taking about 30-45 mins. Once I got up to about $80 I treated myself to a $5 buy in a $6,000 gauranteed tourny and won $32. I know it is against brm, but I was in a celebratory mood so I made a one time exception.

Now I'm on the $2 sitngos, but only have about $110. Hoping things go well right off the bat so I don't have to downgrade to $1's again, but I am totally willing to do so if need be.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Silver
      I think it's the same as in real-life when you treat yourself to an holiday which costs more than you earn that month ;)
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I think treats work really well. You know that it is a treat and not a tilt, so that adds positive attitude in your mind which is always required for solid poker.

Nice job, which site do you play at ?
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Playing at Mansion, and as an update I am now within $14 of tripling my seed money! Calling it a night for now though. And I totally agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with the odd treat so long as you go into it knowing it is a treat when you are up and not goin into it when you are down and trying to get back up.
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Now have just over $250! Not too bad for under a month I don't think. I did have some major struggles getting past $150, I would get a few dollars over than go down $10-$15, and back and forth for days, but things have finally turned around again and I soared right past that stubborn $150 mark, the $200 mark and now have $253!!

I know if I do much better people will start wanting to see graphs so I must ask... what do i use to get the graphs? I am also contemplating starting a blog so any info on that would be greatly appreciated as well!