Poker Million 2009

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi all,
      I read in Bluff Europe that Ladbrokes have dropped the sponsership of this year's Poker Million but that the tournament is still going ahead with a new sponser, possibly from the ipoker network.
      Does anyone know anything about this, and who the sponser is, ie where the online satellites will be?
      Cheers
  • 8 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Dont worry, I found out.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      What do they say, third time is the charm?

If you make it there again you are a freak- in the nicest possible sense of the word! :D
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Dont worry, I found out.
      and.................

gonna share the info??
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      sorry, of course.
      This is hot news not even off the press and definately not common knowledge.
      Full Tilt is holding it, I understand the buy in is $40K and there will be a few places up for grabs through online qualifying although not as many as in previous years.
      Dont know exactly what the format will be but my sources tell me that the field "will be off the chart"
      Guess I have no choice but to play at FT.
      A scoop from your friendly neighbourhood underground poker source, lol.
      You heard it here first, PS.
    • dazito
      dazito
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      sorry, of course.
      This is hot news not even off the press and definately not common knowledge.
      Full Tilt is holding it, I understand the buy in is $40K and there will be a few places up for grabs through online qualifying although not as many as in previous years.
      Dont know exactly what the format will be but my sources tell me that the field "will be off the chart"
      Guess I have no choice but to play at FT.
      A scoop from your friendly neighbourhood underground poker source, lol.
      You heard it here first, PS.
      Woot!

Thanks for the heads up! Again, it survived
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Of course if I am wrong I will look a complete muppet, but dont think I am. Apparently the deal is signed so I guess FT will start advertising it soon.
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      I think in a way it is unfortunate that Full tilt have taken over the events sponsorship. I like Full tilt, but they are starting to monopolise TV poker(in the UK), ok still don't have EPT, Premier league, 24 cash den and all the other gash partypoker sponsored stuff.
      Plus I also like the fact that donkey from basingstoke can qualify to poker million and give it a bash. Obviously still can but there are less places, so will probably all be taken by those ruthless scandies :D
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      News is out, as I said FT have it