Who use SnG wizard?

    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      When I let it review my tournament , how come it says that on early phase I've should have fold KK in late position in unraised pot ? (Do i need to configure something when I first load the program ?!)
  • 8 replies
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Platinum
      Joined: 16.02.2008 Posts: 196
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      When I let it review my tournament , how come it says that on early phase I've should have fold KK in late position in unraised pot ? (Do i need to configure something when I first load the program ?!)
      Wizard can be used only for push/fold situations when you or all opponents acting behind u have around 10-15 big blinds or less (u also need to give people hand ranges and everytime u risk more than 10 BB wizards warns u, but it can be still right decision). Poker is so complex game, noone can exactly tell you how to play any hand corretly in early phase when all have more than 20BB. U should never fold KK preflop unless some specific circumstances.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.10.2008 Posts: 237
      Yes those circumstances would be someone has a gun to your head or you have a superuser account and can see your opponents Aces.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      Yes those circumstances would be someone has a gun to your head or you have a superuser account and can see your opponents Aces.
      so SnG wizard not good for detecting leaks in your game ?
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.12.2008 Posts: 517
      Analyze why SnGWiz is telling to you to fold this hand. Don't forget to adjust your opponents range. I'd like to see the calculations it's giving you... it could just be a program bug. Only way I think that you can fold KK is if you're sure opponents range is 1% or so, so either way you're behind or competing for a split pot. But I really don't think this is ever the case... besides... you said the pot is unraised. Weird
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by Ejeckt
      Analyze why SnGWiz is telling to you to fold this hand. Don't forget to adjust your opponents range. I'd like to see the calculations it's giving you... it could just be a program bug. Only way I think that you can fold KK is if you're sure opponents range is 1% or so, so either way you're behind or competing for a split pot. But I really don't think this is ever the case... besides... you said the pot is unraised. Weird
      Opponent's range is 4% (default setting) .
      What does Edge means?! (which is1%)?

      Where can I find the correct range I should put each opponent on ?

    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.04.2009 Posts: 485
      Where can I get this software?
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.04.2009 Posts: 664
      It also might be recommendable to fold KK when two or more people are already all-in. Another situation might be when you're on the bubble and prizes for every position are equal. You have around 10 BBs left and there are two or more people with around 1 or 2 BBs.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.02.2009 Posts: 740
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      Where can I get this software?
      free trial at http://sngwiz.com/
      Also it is recommanded using the ICM trainer from pokerstrategy.com