MP1: $85.63
      MP2: $71.25
      CO: $7.25
      BTN: $66.19
      SB: $8.00
      BB: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, MP2 calls $2, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.75) T :diamond: 5 :diamond: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 raises to $7.77, Hero calls $4.77

Turn: ($20.29) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $14.88, Hero folds

Villain is 12/8 with 5 AF on 420 hands.

I'm unsure on Flop, I figure he's raising his Draws Like this and wouldn't bet again on Turn, but If i play like that then maybe i should B/F Turn?

I can see (55), TT and JTs being in his possible calling range pre, but would he play JJ for set value like this? Would he ever play AJ this aggressively?

It definately feels like folding Flop is weak though, but going broke here also doesn't seem feasible.
  • 9 replies
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Heres my input for what its worth.

Id be likely to think he's Reraising PF with KK/AA and calling 1010/JJ/AK/AQ with those stats.

he looks too tight to be playing Small/Middle PPs (discount 5a)so if he has hit a set (most likely Jacks or 10s) he would be raising much bigger as its a very draw board.

That raise is small and says to me says hes on a flush draw/Gutshot with something like AQ/AKs then he's smelt your weakness with the check on the turn and took the pot down. With his high agression ration I think He's raising to try and push you off a missed flop and probably thinking lets raise, see where I am, AK/Q will fold, Big PPs will go over the top of my raise and I can fold.

So I think it either a case of ReRaising the flop and folding to a push or calling the raise and leading out on the turn.

I think if im calling the flop raise, on that board im at least putting in a block bet on the turn so if he has hit big he's raising large as he will be scared of the flush/Str8 and its an easy fold. You know he is firing on the Turn no matter what after Rasing the flop so think its no point calling the raise if your goingto check/fold the turn as its unlikely the turn card is going to improve yoru hand.

block bet you get to know where you are for say a $10 turn bet with a chance to win it on the turn,which is cheaper than his likely Turn bet.

I think also alot depends on his idea of you, what are your stats?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Can't actually remember how my play was at that point, I'd just started my session out I think. I'd raised up a few hands on that table but not had too much action before that point.

I'm inclined to agree that Bet on turn is a good idea and am interested in your theory on the small size of the 2bet on the flop showing weakness rather than Strength. I often interpret small raises as a strong hand from a donk.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Normally I would think a min raise like that is strong too. If it came on the river id fold it without question. Or if it came on a flop with no draws there the yes id be more inclined to think it was a sign of strength.

But I think alot of flop min raises tend to mean moves more. Its cheap way of stealing a pot from a hand like AK as the pot hasnt built up yet. Or a draw to the nuts with over cards where just about any card that comes will help you.

If I had A set on that Flop im raising about $12 so you would have to pay another $9 for a pot of $19 making to too expensive for a flush draw or even a Bigg PP hitting a lucky Better set.

Probably the other guys will say im wrong and a min raise always means strength but I think If your going to raise on such a draw heavy board why price someone in to make the call, Unless your not scared of the flush hitting yourself (i,e AQ/AQd)

What are you stats in general though, You say you have 420 hands on him so what does he have on you?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I'd Bet/Fold on turn.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Likely I´d played hand the same way as you did.
      Don´t think bet/fold turn is reasonable, because you would not take bet/shove line there almost never, so player can raise you off with better hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t think bet/fold turn is reasonable, because you would not take bet/shove line there almost never, so player can raise you off with better hand.
      Isn't his line a bit too weak because with such AF the opponent could be easily bluffing and for sure if he is bluffing and you are checking on turn then he is going to barrel again?
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Isn't his line a bit too weak because with such AF the opponent could be easily bluffing and for sure if he is bluffing and you are checking on turn then he is going to barrel again?
      well he does not have big AF, AF is the ratio between betting/raising and calling. Try play 12/8 and Im sure youll always have a hand to raise/re-raise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Talic
      Originally posted by veriz
      well he does not have big AF, AF is the ratio between betting/raising and calling. Try play 12/8 and Im sure youll always have a hand to raise/re-raise
      It's FR and it's (bets + raises) / calls.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Edit: Never mind