[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR, JJ, multiway pot

• Yuris125
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.55, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.20, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.20.

Flop: ($5.15) 9, 3, K (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP3 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $5, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($15.15) T (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.87(All-In), Hero calls $1.87.

River: ($18.89) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.89.

This hand was played several days ago; hesitated before posting it, because don't like to show hands where I know I made mistakes. Here I feel I played postflop in the worst possible way. A good example to illustrate the statement: Never play poker when you're sleepy, it's an easy way to lose money :)
      Still, I'd like to discuss some points. Unfortunately, there are no reliable stats on the opponents, this hand happened shortly after I joined the table

Preflop - is it ok to reraise here? I felt JJ is not a good hand to play in a multiway pot, and a call invites the blinds to come along. What's your opinion about the bet size?
      Flop - I think my raise is terrible; fold, call, push - all these options are better. But what's the best play?

• 2 replies
    • maya1984
      Preflop is ok, If you want to go by the books of PS you should have made it 1.75$ (= 0.35 x 5)
      PostFlop: I rather call MP3 bet and reevaluate on the turn when I'm IP.
      As played, After you reraised to 3$ and you got reraised it's a clear fold, you are obviously beyond there (AK,QK,JK,10J or even a set)
      As played you have to call the turn as you are committed and you also picked a SD.
      Good Luck! :)
    • veriz

Preflop: Ye, perfect spot to raise, I would make it a bit bigger, ~$1.75.
      Flop: Just fold, I don't think he is going to bet into multiway pot without a hand here.

And to your problem about posting the losing and badly played hand, don't hesitate to post them, it's even better if you post the hand and get evaluated and it's like getting punished for playing badly and next time you might even avoid such play. Ye sure if you know for sure that you played it badly and know how to play it correctly then you don't have to post always but when you keep doing such thing (as not posting badly played hands) then you might forget the situation and how you played the hand and can did such mistakes again. There is nothing to be scared of we all try to improve our game and mistakes are common for us.

Best regards,