This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Silver Article on C-bets - I'm confused

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      This quote is taken from the article on continuation bets from the NL Silver section.:

"Application from out of position

The major difference between a continuation bet in position and one OOP is the ability to take a free card if the continuation bet does not succeed. This makes a continuation bet a better choice in some OOP situations where you might have taken a free card from in position. It also makes check somewhat of a better choice OOP since you know you won't get any free cards in later rounds."

I'm not sure I entirely understand the final sentance. Could anyone explain? It seems to contradict the previous sentance...

Thanks in advance.

Tim
  • 2 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

This article is really old (over 2 years) and the translation is admittedly quite bad.

It should read like this

"The major difference between a continuation bet in position versus one OOP is the ability to take a free card instead of firing a continuation bet - as well as winning the chance of taking a free card on the turn. Since this is not possible OOP, a continuation bet will often be the best choice of action in situations where you would have taken a free card IP. It also means checking might be the best solution in certain situations, since you can't 'buy' a free card for later rounds - by firing a continuation bet.
      "

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks SoyCD, as always, for the super-fast response.

Regards,

Tim

edit: p.s. did you already amend the mistake - because it seems to have changed on my screen?