[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR A9s

• Gerv
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 9.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J, A, 5 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40, CO folds.

Turn: ($1.20) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 calls $0.70.

River: ($2.60) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, MP2 raises to $5.2(All-In), Hero folds,

I either was thinking of doing it c/c style or leading out on the Flop.

How would you tackle this?

I bet the river that low to protect myself from bluffs, only better hands will raise me..

Any thoughts???
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie

Nice hand, well played.

I think you played it admirably ;)
    • dallievas
      not so nice hand for me. :D
      Preflop and flop is Ok.
      Tp with 9 kicker can be dominated in unraised pot too.I'd check/call turn and river is opp dependent-check/call aggro,bet/fold vs good.I'd like passive play in this hand (very need stats for opps range) because on river i see some hands that can beat your tp like A5.AT,KJ,set of 555,rare hands like AJ,AK,AQ9 still can be in our micros).Maybe check on turn and check/call on river can induce some bluff or value bet with tpwk or IInd pair hand.

GL. :)
      P.S.Gerv,I remember u from old times in SSS section :) U still don't like stats?
    • Fongie
      Hi dallievas

It's great that you post an opinion! Next time to make sure me (or some other judge) checks the thread out, click on the "advise judge to reevaluate thread" (or w/e its called).

I like the turnbet because I think against unknown midstack on NL10 we have a clear valuebet with top pair, even on this dry board. The fact that it's an unraised pot is also why I like betting out myself, because it gives us a clear fold to a raise. If we c/c turn c/c river we will lose more money against a better hand than if we bet/fold bet/fold, and get about the same value against a worse one. It is true that we lose value from bluffs, but usually people don't call flop in an unraised pot with air just to bluff it on later streets, so I simply think bluffs are unlikely in this spot.