This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Extra Points for starting a table?

• drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      I know a lot of rooms give extra points if you are the person who starts a cash table, just wondering if anyoneknows if this is so at Mansion. I tried looking all over their website and found nothing but figured I would ask just to be sure.

Thanks
  • 11 replies
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      For anyone interested in my question it looks like there is some kind of bonus for being the table starter... I started 2 just to see and I am getting MCP's for hands I don't even play in... unless that is normal. I am playing 5/10 cent tables and on hands I don't plan and seem to be getting approx. .70 MCP's per hand.

If these *bonus* points can be used towards the bonus, then for approx every 1000 hands at tables you start yu will 700 points, and $10 unlocked;)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You don't get any points for opening a table.
      You get points in every hand where there is a rake and you've been dealt a hand.
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Ah okay, well thanks a lot for clearing it up for me. Making way more at these than I was at sitngo's so I think I just might stay.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Mansion MCP & Loyalty Info
      Look at here how many points in average per hand you get at your limit. You can easily calculate then what's best for you in terms of MCPs :)
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      You get points in every hand where there is a rake and you've been dealt a hand.
      I've often wonderd about this.........do you have to be dealt a hand or play the hand? I know they say 'dealt' but well that would reward less active players and nits
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      I only play maybe 7% of hands or less and I am getting MCP's for each and every hand.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I've often wonderd about this.........do you have to be dealt a hand or play the hand? I know they say 'dealt' but well that would reward less active players and nits
      Dealt 100%. You can fold preflop and you will still get points.
      But being a nit is -EV :) Yeah, they will get more MCPs, but they won't play in many +EV spots :)
    • drmikeB
      drmikeB
      Bronze
      What is a +/-EV spot?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Well I don't play NL so I can't give you exact NL example but I hope this will do.

Playing by the chart here on PS.com is obvious +EV. If chart says "raise with AJ" and you fold AJ/AQ that's -EV move (on avarage) :)
    • JTringer
      JTringer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      and thats why theres so many nits/shortstackers