3000 BBs in 33 days

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I've been hanging around at the forums for a while now and I've learned a lot about poker in the last couple of weeks. I learned to cope with losses and I am now much less vulnerable to tilt. All in all, I believe this may be a good moment to start a blog.

First interest in poker
      My interest for poker started around one and a half year ago when I occasionally played poker with my friends. We played for fun and the first time I built up a nice stack and became chip leader. When there were only three of us left I quickly played away a big part of my stack and lost quickly when heads up.
      The second time I played with my friends I got out much earlier. I signed up for Pokerstars and occasionally played with play money. Later my study association organised a poker tournament with a buy-in of €2. I had great fun for a few bucks (beer was €0,50), but didn't win anything.

Pokerstars and IntelliPoker
      For a while I forgot about poker until I got an e-mail from Pokerstars that my account was credited with $5, so I visited Pokerstars. Quickly I lost the $5 and created another account to get another bonus. The third time was no different. At that time I learned about IntelliPoker so I switched my language settings to German to sign up for IntelliPoker. I used my 4th (and last) e-mail account to create a new accountto make use of the IntelliPoker quiz bonus. I couldn't take the quiz since there was something wrong with my account and I was told I should contact Pokerstars. I didn't bother to do that since I already had 4 accounts. I read and learned a lot on IntelliPoker but it couldn't help me to win anything. On the IntelliPoker forum I read something about trading play money for real money. I searched on the internet and quickly found a forum where they were talking about free money on poker websites.

Free money and Full Tilt
      I quickly found a free $50 offer for Full Tilt which had only cost me the fee of an international call. I carefully started playing at Full Tilt's lowest limits. I didn't lose that much but didn't win either. In the mean time my student association had organised another poker tournament with a €2 buy in. I searched more on the internet, learned more about poker and about Sklansky hand groups. Sklansky's hand groups didn't appear of any use and this time I also won nothing.

PokerStrategy
      I continued searching for knowledge on the internet and when I searched for free poker money I read on a forum that 'some online poker schools are even willing to pay you money'. I googled for 'poker school' and that's how I found PokerStrategy.com. I read the articles and passed the quiz (which wasn't very difficult, tbh) and opened an account at PartyPoker. My Full Tilt account grew quickly, but at a certain point I stagnated and my $60 NL profit turned into a $100 loss. My PartyPoker account wasn't that healthy either and I cashed out my Full Tilt account. I've got a couple of FTP left which I might use to build up a bankroll in the future. My PartyPoker account grew steadily again and one day I made a profit of 50 BBs. The next day I peaked at a profited of 150 BB's, but after that I quickly lost 100 BBs and 50 BBs were left for that day. I realized that my big losses at Full Tilt were a long tilt session and unnecessary. I emptied my Elephant database and today, two days later, I'm positive again that I can make some nice money from poker. I'll try to clear the PokerStrategy bonuses at PartyPoker and then move to bwin to clear some bonuses there.

Current state and challenge
      Running good for the past few days I decided to take on a challenge. I will try to win 3000 BBs before the end of May, or 3000 BBs in 33 days. I don't know if this is a realistic goal, but if I'll manage to accomplish it I would have around €1000 in my PartyPoker account. I'll try to report daily about it and post some graphs and interesting hands. Currently I'm at 325.6 BBs and won $11,20 yesterday and $21,36 today. Since our national holiday was cancelled today because of an assault at our beloved queen, I have a lot of time to poker.
  • 19 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Best of luck to you! I hope you update this frequently.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Good luck, bro!

Btw I can't tell from this post whether if you're playing NL or FL.. I mean you're counting your winnings in BBs, so I first assumed you played FL, but htne you mention 3000BBs in 33 days... and that's impossible in FL :)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      You're right. NL of course. SSS to be more exact.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Okay, that would have been my guess ;)

SSS can be quite swingy too, don't forget about BRM, gl.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      The goal is 3000 BBs, not $xxx. I could even accomplish it by playing NL10 only.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      The second day has finished. Since I opened this blog a couple of hours ago I'll be keeping it short.

So far: 362,3; $36,23
      30-4: 250,3; $25,03
      29-4: 112 BBs; $11,20
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      At the moment I'm pretty pissed of and probably will avoid PartyPoker tomorrow. The day started with pretty much suck-outs. Situations in which I got called by donks and situations were I got called by people which had the best reason to think they had the best hand when they in fact did not have and caught one of their 2 outs on the turn or river. Really, shit happens, I don't have any problems with that. But I got pretty much pissed off by PartyPoker's software and bad connection. As soon as I cleared the PS bonuses I'll move to another platform where I will try to accomplish this goal.

1-5: -292,1; -$29,10
      30-4: 250,3; $25,03
      29-4: 112 BBs; $11,20
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Today I didn't play on PartyPoker to cool down a little. I had great fun on Full Tilt playing NL and PL Omaha with play chips. I learned a lot about Omaha and I definitely like this Poker variant (I already tried it before). Omaha might be a very easy way to make loads of play money chips in a very short time (if you want to). Most people already go all-in preflop with any hand (which doesn't make any sense in Omaha). Furthermore I played a couple of FTP SnGs at Full Tilt (without any result).

Anyways, I had a fun day and learned a lot. The day ends in a couple of minutes and I'm going to take a look at PartyPoker again, provided it fully functions again.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      3000BBs in 33 days is hard,
      normally, you can get 5BB/100 hands if you're good, so 3000BB means 60k hands, so 2k hands each day
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Now another day has passed by. Today I did great business, but I'm still far from my goal since Friday and Sunday weren't that good.

Today I had a little fun playing NL4 BSS that's why the number of BBs doesn't correspond the profit made.

The best hand of the day:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,94
      BB:
      $2,38
      UTG:
      $5,04
      UTG1:
      $1,85
      UTG2:
      $4,95
      MP1:
      $6,03
      MP2:
      $2,09
      MP3:
      $1,85
      CO:
      $2,17
      Hero:
      $10,56

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0,40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,75) 9:diamond: , K:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,75) 5:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,83, Hero calls $0,83.

River: ($3,41) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1,62, Hero raises to $8,10, MP1 calls $2,78 (All-In).

Final Pot: $15,91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kc)
      MP1 shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ac Ks)

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (Kh Kc)

I got in this situation by accident after I won a number of pots.

I also made some mistakes today. For example I put too many money in the pot after the flop, but the misery started before the flop when I made a very big mistake. Watch and enjoy :f_o:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,07
      BB:
      $2,69
      UTG:
      $3,11
      UTG1:
      $4,46
      Hero:
      $5,59
      MP1:
      $6,01
      MP2:
      $6,43
      MP3:
      $3,83
      CO:
      $4,94
      BU:
      $4,46

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG calls $0,04, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds, UTG calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,64) A:diamond: , 6:spade: , 9:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, SB folds, UTG raises to $2,91 (All-In), Hero calls $1,91.

Turn: ($6,46) 3:club:
      River: ($6,46) 6:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6,46

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jh Js)
      UTG shows two pairs, aces and nines (9s Ah)

UTG wins with two pairs, aces and nines (9s Ah)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Happy Hour at Party. I'm currently playing NL10 and people are throwing their money at the tables with practically any hand. I already made 100 BBs in less than 2 hours.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Why are u counting in Big Bets? 3000BB in 30 days will be VERY HARD

Good luck and hope u find a lot of :f_love:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Because if I set a goal like I want to make $xx I'm much more likely to tilt. Now I can play my game and try to get to it.

2 hours later and I'm 200 BB's closer to my goal.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      what i mean is Big Bets are usually used in Fixed Limit. No limit is usually big blinds. Just making sure u mean Big Bets! Guess u did :)

Good run there tonight :s_biggrin:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Sorry, I read over it and didn't see big bets. No, I'm really measuring this in big blinds, not big bets. I thought it was obvious.

Good luck to you too.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Today was very fruitful. Before I went to sleep I already had made a profit of $15-$20. This morning's session I gained another $2 and I struggled the whole midday and early afternoon around $20. Slowly I increased and later on the evening I pushed that barrier and got over $30.

Here are a graph of today and an overview of the results so far:

Today I'll stop early since I'll have to study again tomorrow and need to get up early. I also won't be able to poker that much since I'm going to play football in the evening and I'll be busy all day.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I'm on a huge downswing so I don't really feel like blogging. In my last session I learned a very important poker lesson. TJ is stronger than pocket queens.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12,32
      BB:
      $10,51
      UTG:
      $7,39
      Hero:
      $1,85
      UTG2:
      $1,05
      MP1:
      $12,63
      MP2:
      $4,38
      MP3:
      $0,92
      CO:
      $3,52
      BU:
      $11,14

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $4,38 (All-In), 5 folds, Hero calls $1,45 (All-In).

Flop: ($6,38) 8:heart: , 3:spade: , T:spade:
      Turn: ($6,38) 7:spade:
      River: ($6,38) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6,38

Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Qd)
      MP2 shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Tc Jc)

MP2 wins with two pairs, jacks and tens (Tc Jc)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,05
      Hero:
      $1,94
      UTG1:
      $9,75
      UTG2:
      $3,78
      MP1:
      $4,58
      MP2:
      $15,42
      MP3:
      $2,00
      CO:
      $4,63
      BU:
      $5,76

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, UTG2 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) 8:heart: , 7:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, UTG2 raises to $1,20, Hero calls $0,94 (All-In), UTG2 calls $0,34.

Turn: ($3,93) 7:spade:
      River: ($3,93) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,93

Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights (Qs Qc)
      UTG2 shows a straight, ten high (9d Tc)

UTG2 wins with a straight, ten high (9d Tc)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      When I started this blog I, at that point, totally forgot that I was going to Sweden for 5 days from next Wednesday. I don't have any beliefs I will reach my goal since I went on a huge downswing for some days (tilting included) and basically I'm back to zero. On the other side, I learned a lot. Next time I better know how a realistic goal would look like and I would be more probably to reach it.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      It's been a while since my last update. First of all I want to say that my favourite football club SC Cambuur Leeuwarden made it to the finals of the Jupiler League playoffs by beating FC Zwolle by 2-0 after a loss of 2-1 and a victory of 3-1. Hopefully we'll see SC Cambuur in the Eredivisie next year.

Back to poker. First of all: I'm far behind schedule. I hit a big downswing, tilted a little, and got down $140. I learned a lot and came over it and now I'm almost back to the highest point so far, which is a profit of $60.

I played a couple of freerolls of which I won one. $20 and a ticket to a next round in which I didn't win anything. I also won a couple of cents in some other tournaments. These freeroll winnings helped me to get me through my downswing. I also played some play money SnGs at Full Tilt. I learned a lot there and built up a pretty sweet playmoney bankroll which I might sell at a later point.

Back to SSS. I climbed out the deep valley and improved my game. Playing those playmoney SnGs and freerolls taught me a lot of poker smarts and patience.

My goals are impossible to accomplish. Nevertheless I learned a lot and now I know what realistic goals might look like. In the meantime I reached gold status and obtained my Elephant license. I guess this means that I'm ready for a new challenge at the end of this month.