This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 pf call shortstack all-in?

• mannext2u
      mannext2u
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed) 

Known players: 
      MP1 = ($65.20) 
      MP2 = ($18.25) 
      MP3 = ($51.60) 
      CO(Hero) = ($53.20) 
      BU = ($18.60) 
      SB = ($6.75) 
      BB = ($10.00) 
      UTG1 = ($10.00) 
      UTG2 = ($30.65) 

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9. 
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1, BU folds, SB raises to $6.75(All-In)

Is it to be called?
  • 5 replies
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Is this guy a real Short Stack Guy? if his stats are like VPIP9/PFR9 or similiar then he is

Ive spent a bit of time on these situations myself with the equilator and have worked out its only profitable calling these guys with JJ/QQ/KK/AA and AK

Ditch everything else as it wont make profit long term against this range,

If he isnt a true short stack but just plays with a short stack then id say make the call, depending on how loose he is.
    • mannext2u
      mannext2u
      Bronze
      I didn't mean he was a sss-player, i meant his stack was short. VP:15 PFR:15 of 21 hands :) . You mean Calling SSS players with JJ/QQ/KK/AA/AK allways worths or calling them if they are in blinds worths?
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Well against a range of a true SSS player your a 56/57% favorite with AK/JJ

63% with QQ
      72% with KK
      84 % with AA

So im calling with these hands no matter what position they raise from.

Its 52% with AQ and 50% 10 10 so I dont bother with these. but I guess really statistically you should with AQ?

Against this guy, he still seems to play like a SSS and 21 hands isnt alot, so He might really be 9/9 etc proper SSS overall.

I think id fold 99 against him. did he push the other few hands you saw him play or was it the standard, Raise/Cbet line he was playing?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      Why would a SSS player play with less than 15 blinds?
      If you give him a wider range you are ahead.
      But with only 21 hands the stats deviate a lot and folding is best.

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Didnt think about him have less than 15BB, so he clearly isnt a SSS is he.