Stack
      UTG1:
      $5.42
      MP1:
      $6.86
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.04, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.20, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.58) 4:spade: , T:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.38) A:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG1 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.38) K:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.04, Hero raises to $2.36 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0.32.

Final Pot: $10.10

Villain hasn't really been active this far, and his limp oop caught me off guard. I was ready to toss my hand after contibetting the flop, but then I hit. His min raise my turn bet was a bit strange though. The river card came, and I couldn't put him chasing a straight, so I pushed my stack in.
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I dont think you could play this any other way.

The turn raise might indicate either the villain made aces up or is slowing with a set but you are hardly going to lay down TPTK in NL4 often, much less to a minraise, even to a nit. That 2p redraw on the river just made it all the more certain that someone was getting felted.

I think just as often villain has a worse ace here.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Nit calls pf raise, calls dry flop, check-raises turn? Reeks of a set if u ask me!

I would check behind turn and go for pot-control.

oh wait a sec, hes a station too lol

this is hard, lets see what he's doing:

He calls pf(pp or hi suited A coz nits dont play low suited much), he calls dry flop(set?), the A doesnt scare him(means strength), he minraises(strength), then leads river(strength).

Suited A would fold on flop imo so that leaves pp for him.

After turn minraise I would put him on TT and might fold.

On river I dont suppose you can fold top 2 pair to those odds, but his actions scream set.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Since you are not going to fold your TPTK on the river (after your call, the pot is $5,38 and you have $2,36 remaining, you should either fold or shove. And fold to minraise is weak since it may mean anything. I would shove it on the turn to charge 67 or flush draw since these hands are possible (also weaker ace is possible). And you will not get value from these hands while better hands will put you all-in.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I guess I didn't ask myself the question I needed to on the turn, am I prepared to go broke with this hand against this villain? I'm sure if I did ask, I would have either folded or pushed instead of calling, but folding to the min raise on this limit is just too weak ass for me, as there are a lot of idiots who play and chase everything. Hindsight, I should have pushed the turn, realizing that all the money was going to go in on the river anyway.

@TheBrood...nice read!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by STR82ACE
      I guess I didn't ask myself the question I needed to on the turn, am I prepared to go broke with this hand against this villain? I'm sure if I did ask, I would have either folded or pushed instead of calling, but folding to the min raise on this limit is just too weak ass for me, as there are a lot of idiots who play and chase everything. Hindsight, I should have pushed the turn, realizing that all the money was going to go in on the river anyway.

@TheBrood...nice read!
      yay! :f_biggrin: