Moving my BR from Full Tilt, any suggestions?

• Rakoth666
      Rakoth666
      Bronze
      So, after another disastrous session on FT NL25, I came to conclusion that i must change *something* to get on track. Note that over 85k hands on FT i have a loss of -2bb/100 which is absolutelly pathetic ofcourse. My BR mainly survived because of rakeback and some occasional MTT cash-ins, but i seem to lose steadily on cash games.

So, even if my last disastrous session wasn't due to skill but due to bad beats (I swear :D ) I can't help thinking if Full Tilt is too hard for me. I moved my BR and burned all my FTPoints and I'm ready to get to another site so I can prove to myself that i just suck at poker and that it was not Full Tilt's problem :D

Any suggestions for a shortstacker with around 100$ BR (which means i'll mainly play NL25 at the beggining)? I was considering Pokerstars but I got a bit disheartened by some comments about how bad the rewards system is for low stakes players. Any suggestion is more than welcome!
  • 11 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I play iPoker (Mansion, Titan). I can tell you that NL20 FR will have many short stacked players, although about 3/4 of them arnt actually playing to an SSS strategy.

What implications this has on your plan to play SSS I dont know (I play BSS and am only familiar with SSS insofar as to know what to do to counter it). It might be good or bad depending on how you adjust. Most the fish-SSS are either complete stations or playing a retard's SSS of waiting to see any two picture cards and shoving them, so they are probably profitable for you as well.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      I play iPoker (Mansion, Titan). I can tell you that NL20 FR will have many short stacked players, although about 3/4 of them arnt actually playing to an SSS strategy.

What implications this has on your plan to play SSS I dont know (I play BSS and am only familiar with SSS insofar as to know what to do to counter it). It might be good or bad depending on how you adjust. Most the fish-SSS are either complete stations or playing a retard's SSS of waiting to see any two picture cards and shoving them, so they are probably profitable for you as well.
      So it means we can play against many shortstacks if they play SSS but without good strategy?
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      lots of shorties play no strategy and are shorties just coz they dont have engouh money to buyin full amount
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Also I believe that NL10 is fit for a 100$ BR, whereas you'd move up to NL25 when you have 150$ in your pocket.

That's what the SSS says anyway. You'd need at least 30 BI to move up to the next limit. This is of course very cautious, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    • Paskkal29
      Paskkal29
      Bronze
      If u want to make a move ,go for cake poker,you will thank me later! :s_cool:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Also I believe that NL10 is fit for a 100$ BR, whereas you'd move up to NL25 when you have 150$ in your pocket.

That's what the SSS says anyway. You'd need at least 30 BI to move up to the next limit. This is of course very cautious, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
      I believe that's bank roll management. Short stack strategy is that you sit down at a table with 20 big blinds.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337

I believe that's bank roll management. Short stack strategy is that you sit down at a table with 20 big blinds.
      Yeah.
      Those 20 big blinds are 1 BI.

The SSS BRM say's that you should have at least 30 BI's for the next level to move up.
    • Rakoth666
      Rakoth666
      Bronze
      True, but i have already moved up to NL25 on 150$, now i'm on "dropping down" phase and according to BRM I move down to NL10 when my BR goes below 60$ (30BIs) ;)

I'm waiting for the money to arrive to my Moneybookers account to move to a new site, probably at stars (hope i don't get killed by the lack of rakeback though), I have already an account on mansion but with the second capital, so i can't deposit there yet. About Cake, yeah, the rakeback is awesome but i heard complaints about low traffic atm :(

If I go on Stars how do i get my account tracked on PS btw? Just by entering the bonus code (stars50) on my first deposit?
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Jup, that's right.
    • thepokerhat
      thepokerhat
      Bronze
      I´ve heard there is a lot of fishy players at cake poker, and the rake isn´t bad either. But yeah pokerstars really sucks when it comes to bonuses and such. But why not stick with full tilt? I think it´s a brilliant site my self, and the opponents doesn´t seem THAT good, but they aren´t fishy either(all of them anyway)

- TPH
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Stars FR games are great for SSS. I play there, rather have games that are juicier and more fun, even if bonus's are'nt that great. Will kill your SP's if you have to play NL10, (which you probably should with $100)