$9.80
      BB:
      $14.75
      UTG1:
      $13.40
      UTG2(Hero):
      $10.55

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB raises to $0.2, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.7, CO folds, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) 9, 4, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, SB raises to $9.1(All-In), Hero calls $3.10.

Turn: ($19.80) 3 (2 players)

River: ($19.80) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.80.

Is it possible to lay it down after he reraised to 9.1$???
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If you were to get away from this hand it was to the check-raise. You have as good as turned over your aces preflop (I have seen villains play limp-raise with KK/AK but very rarely) so he knows you have an overpair and is okay with raising it.

Limp-raise is very weak with AA. You essentially buy yourself a single bet from a late raiser; anyone who calls your re-raise would have called or raised your original raise anyway.

If you must limp the rockets, play limp call and proceed as if you had hit a set of 2s on the flop. At least then you disguise your hand somewhat rather than essentially saying in chat "HI GUYS I HAVE ACES OKAY" :)
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I'm trying to mix it up a little bit. I know Fongie's opinion about limping aces.
      "If you must limp the rockets, play limp call and proceed as if you had hit a set of 2s on the flop." - Did you ever tried it on NL10?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Yes, with marginal results but mostly success. Sometimes you break TPTK, othertimes you get broken by 2p.

Unless you plan to exploit the play (I have run limp-raise bluffs with alot of success when I accidentally limped rubbish hands in UTG1/UTG2, but its never something I plan to do) all you really achieve with limp-raise is selling detailed information on your hand strength for 40 cents.

Mostly straight up play is the best option on 10 and 20 (I currently play mostly 20). I cant count the number of times I have tried to play cute or tricky and either -

A. lost value (villain would have called all bets with 2nd best hand)
      B. been sucked out
      C. been folded to anyway

And certainly the loss total would be far more than tricky play ever turned extra in $won.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Limping with AA is not good. And from UTG, it is even worse. You have less information on your opponents' hands.

Play your aces straight forward. You will get more value from your aces this way.

On the flop, after he reraised to $9,61, you cannot lay your hand down. You only do not have odds to call against a set. But his range is wider. And, if include to his set hand just two pair hand, you have clear outs to call. And his range still may be wider (e.g. overpair or flush draw).