$9.80
      BB:
      $5.60
      UTG2:
      $11.75
      MP1:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, J.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 5, 7, J (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB folds, UTG2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.4, Hero raises to $1.2, MP3 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.80) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, MP3 calls $2.55(All-In).

River: ($8.15) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.15.

Villain is fish (50/13/1).
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Our lines here are a bit weaker than they could be.

Preflop - raise it up. You have a decent cut of broadway here and no one has shown any strength yet in front of you. 6BB raise for our pretty suited pictures.

As played:

Flop - flop is fantastic for us. With a strong made hand in a limped pot dont mess around with half pot bets, just bet pot to juice it fast.

Bet-broke is our line here with TPGK and a flush draw.

Turn - as played.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Preflop - raise it up. You have a decent cut of broadway here and no one has shown any strength yet in front of you. 6BB raise for our pretty suited pictures.
      I rather play small pots when I'm playing OOP, especially from the SB.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Fair enough, but it is alot easier to proceed OOP if you thin that field down to heads up than OOP vs 3 opponents.

I think if you decide not attack with such a hand OOP I wouldnt complete the blind at all. When you hit you are going to be stuck in a marginal situation vs players who have also chosen to play a speculative hand, and most speculative hands (small pocket pairs, suited connectors) hit much harder than TPGK when they hit... so any action to your limped TPGK generally means you are in a marginal whole world of hurt.

What you have in QJs is a hand that mostly wins by making TPGK. The more limpers you let in the more chance you are going to have to bet/broke your marginal TPGK into 2p / straights / flushes / sets. Thats why we raise with such hands - to give ourselves a better feel of where we stand, and to narrow the field so that TPGK has a better chance of being the best hand.

In HU poker with QJ and a J high flop you have the best hand most of the time. In 6 handed poker with QJ on a J high flop you are quite probably already losing and a huge chance to be drawn out if you arnt already losing.

So kick it or fold it for my money. While position is important it shouldnt be intimidating you into limping such a pretty hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Nah, your line is fine, you don't have to always raise, if the villain is pretty loose then it's hard to win the pot being OOP and also with such hand you have to bit hard but it ain't wrong to raise up.
      Flop: Perfect flop, I would make pot and raise him.
      Turn: Going broke.

Best regards,
      Rensu