BR down to ~$30

• 18 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello kenthmp,

Have you been going over your losing hands to try and identify and leaks that may have crept in.

I would suggest going over all your losing hands and try to identify if they were all played correctly, pre- and post-flop, and also check that you have been sticking to the SHC religiously.

I would also recommend reading and re-reading the articles again as well as watching the videos again.

Do you post any hands that you are not sure about or attend any of the coachings as they will help to improve your knowledge and play as well.

As for dropping down a level, i am pretty sure that on most sites NL10 is the lowest you can go with the SSS as the lower limits do not allow you to buy in with the 20BB rule although i know some sites have added lower levels now so this may have changed.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Hello Bu11d0g,

I am sticking to the SHC religiously. Even got it burned/drilled/embedded/ into my permanent memory bank.

I also have looked at all my losing hands and found nothing wrong with them. I just played according to the SHC.

I am playing in FTP, they allow 20BB at NL5 so I definitely be moving down as per BRM rule.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey kenthmp,

I knew FT had introduced some new levels but wasn't sure of the buy-in structure, so moving down is fine as, like you mentioned, you can buy in for $1.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      :f_zZz: :f_wink: :f_ugly: :f_tongue: :f_thumbsup: :f_smile: :f_rolleyes: :f_pleased: :f_p: :f_o: :f_mad: :f_love: :f_eek: :f_cry: :f_cool: :f_confused: :f_biggrin:

just wanted to try them :s_p:
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Don't worry and get back into it. During these past 3 days I dropped down to 35 dollars, but got back up, by simply continuing to play just like the sss tells you to play. Suckouts are inevitable.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hey there brother in arm =)

I went down to 35usd today.. I was already +8 like after 1000games...
      Posting hands, watching videos, articles are in my mind etc.
      Now im after 4000hands. I lost 14usd today per 1000 games and i can honestly tell that my play was just fine. Im reviewing this session again and i just dont have one hand to post, because they are all fine =) .. had like 4 or 5 suckouts, but that just happens....
      I cant move down a limit, so i guess ill give it another 4000 and we'll see =)
      Can i ask you what is your VPIP and PFR? Because iv read somewhere it shall be like 6/6 or 7/7 but mine is 4.5/4.5 .. i know its small sample (4000) but its every session the same.. ~4.5.. I just do what SHC tells me so i dont know..
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Hey there brother in arm =)

I went down to 35usd today.. I was already +8 like after 1000games...
      Posting hands, watching videos, articles are in my mind etc.
      Now im after 4000hands. I lost 14usd today per 1000 games and i can honestly tell that my play was just fine. Im reviewing this session again and i just dont have one hand to post, because they are all fine =) .. had like 4 or 5 suckouts, but that just happens....
      I cant move down a limit, so i guess ill give it another 4000 and we'll see =)
      Can i ask you what is your VPIP and PFR? Because iv read somewhere it shall be like 6/6 or 7/7 but mine is 4.5/4.5 .. i know its small sample (4000) but its every session the same.. ~4.5.. I just do what SHC tells me so i dont know..
      Yo, after 6.5k hands my
      VPIP and PFR are around the same as you said the standard should be
      7%/7%

Perhaps your folding something you shouldn't fold?
      Or maybe cards aren't coming your way :tongue:
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Shadow: Im definitely not folding anything what i dont have to =) I welcome every hand that i am allowed to play by SHC, so rly im not scared when the cards come...
      But really 7% thats like every 14 cards should be playable and im not getting so much good cards i guess... But it just seems weird to me that its doesnt vary, every session is like 4.5% - 5%
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Shadow: Im definitely not folding anything what i dont have to =) I welcome every hand that i am allowed to play by SHC, so rly im not scared when the cards come...
      But really 7% thats like every 14 cards should be playable and im not getting so much good cards i guess... But it just seems weird to me that its doesnt vary, every session is like 4.5% - 5%

How many tables? To few and you could be screwing yourself over. IMO!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Yo, after 6.5k hands my
      7%/7%
      Mine is about 5.5% over 5,000 hands. Just keep plugging away.

I did a confidence interval chart based on my total stats of all my SSS play and it shows that even as a winning player you could be in the negative until around 90,000 hands. So it is very possible that you will need to play many more hands before you show a profit.

Welcome to poker! :D
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Yo, after 6.5k hands my
      7%/7%
      Mine is about 5.5% over 5,000 hands. Just keep plugging away.

I did a confidence interval chart based on my total stats of all my SSS play and it shows that even as a winning player you could be in the negative until around 90,000 hands. So it is very possible that you will need to play many more hands before you show a profit.

Welcome to poker! :D
      Hah dont scare the hell out of me! =)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Im playing 4-6 tables now.. But i dont really understand what does it have to do with my VPIP and PFR %.. Ofc the more tables the more good cards =) But also more bad cards so the % is the same =)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Im playing 4-6 tables now.. But i dont really understand what does it have to do with my VPIP and PFR %.. Ofc the more tables the more good cards =) But also more bad cards so the % is the same =)
      The more tables you play the better your chances imo using the SSS, and do you use table selection? This is a key part in the strategy.

How long do you sit at the tables once you are in?
      Do you constantly check the table average VPIP?
      And the average players/flop?

These are all major parts to help the SSS work effectively.

If you haven't done these things, try them, they may help :)

4 - 6 tables should be fine as long as you are using good table selection.

Danny
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze

The more tables you play the better your chances imo using the SSS, and do you use table selection? This is a key part in the strategy.

Danny
      Thanks for your effort. The truth is i choose the table very carefully when sitting down. On the other hand, after sitting at the table i dont rly watch average VPIP anymore.. ill try to watch it.. but ofc i watch the other players stacks and number of opponents and i leave if i have to..

You asked how long do i sit at the tables once im in.. Thats interesting because i already thought about this. I sit there before i double or get over 25BB..
      I have few questions about this. Should i leave the table after i go all in and loose? Or should i rebuy? Should i leave the table after bluffing unsuccesfully? Should i leave the table when im not getting any hands for long time and opponents see im tight extremely??
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      After today im down to 20usd........
      Again my VPIP and PFR was 4.3% todays session following SHC to every word.
      1000hands, lost 10usd.
      Posted like 2 hands but there i just want to make sure about something, so i dont know... I do want to learn, i do want to play more, i dont want to say it sux, but DAMN THIS SUX =) Its gonna turn upside tomorrow i guess! =)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

Danny
      Thanks for your effort. The truth is i choose the table very carefully when sitting down. On the other hand, after sitting at the table i dont rly watch average VPIP anymore.. ill try to watch it.. but ofc i watch the other players stacks and number of opponents and i leave if i have to..

You asked how long do i sit at the tables once im in.. Thats interesting because i already thought about this. I sit there before i double or get over 25BB..
      I have few questions about this. Should i leave the table after i go all in and loose? Or should i rebuy? Should i leave the table after bluffing unsuccesfully? Should i leave the table when im not getting any hands for long time and opponents see im tight extremely??

You should rebuy, if the table is still loose and still has plenty of big stacks, but if the table has tightened up and the play is a lot less fishy than when you sat at the table you should just leave and open a different table.

You want at least a 20VPIP table average and at least 5 big stacks at your table, if you sit in and the table has an average of 20VPIP and then it drops to below 15VPIP it's time to look for a new place to sit imo.

Only reason I asked how long you were sitting at the tables for is because after you sit in for a bout 20 minutes a few players could of come and gone and the whole table dynamic could of changed, it's worth while keeping an eye on is all. :)

Good luck,

Danny
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Thanks Danny.
      I tried to check it yesterday and really after some time the tables stats can get very bad... So i know try to watch it when playing...
      Anyway, yesterday finally my badluck stopped and i started not to be beaten with AA and KK again and again, so i was +7 usd in the end of the session and i believe its turning up for me.. :f_biggrin:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks Danny.
      I tried to check it yesterday and really after some time the tables stats can get very bad... So i know try to watch it when playing...
      Anyway, yesterday finally my badluck stopped and i started not to be beaten with AA and KK again and again, so i was +7 usd in the end of the session and i believe its turning up for me.. :f_biggrin:

Great news mate, glad you see what I meant about the the tables too. I hope your swing stays on the up for a while, and you can enjoy your poker for a while.

Good luck, all the best,

Danny