[NL2-NL10] AJo Versus Limp/3better

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Villain is 60/37 after 18 hands. I like to adjust quickly to retards and this play is rather different to my normal line. Normal Players i would give a range of 99+ AQ+ at the loosest(normally waay tighter) for this play with the addition of possibly some lower pockets for deception or for the donkey factor.

I would like to know your opinions, would you have played for a bet/call as I did or would you have played for a bet/fold possibly raising less preflop for this purpose.

Party Poker $100 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $22.48
      Hero (SB): $19.00
      BB: $100.00
      UTG: $30.02
      UTG+1: $72.60
      MP1: $124.77
      MP2: $20.00
      CO: $28.12

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with J :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, 4 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $20, Hero calls $13 all in

Flop: ($39.00) 2 :heart: T :club: 5 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($39.00) 6 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($39.00) 7 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am Raise/Folding here, he will very often have some kind of nuts hand like KK/AA.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

I am Raise/Folding here, he will very often have some kind of nuts hand like KK/AA.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Did you even look at what I wrote? This guy is clearly not a standard AA/KK limp/3better. I appreciate you letting me know what your move would be though.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I would raise 5BB and fold to a 3-bet, unless he's a maniac and is 3-betting as light as he's 2-betting(from the hands you saw him play in those two rounds).

As played, I'm going broke against him and making a note, because I think this guy can have anything.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Versus this type of player I'd be looking to felt any hand that I'd play for a raise. I like the largish raise-size PF as you can open-shove any flop without making too much off an overbet. NH as played.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising to $5 is sufficient. If he calls, he calls you anyway regardless if its $6 or $5 and playing OOP in a big pot is never a favourite spot

I see people limp/3bet against a shortie who they think is isolating them with as low as 44/KTo but as high as AA/KK

If you determine him 99+,AQ+ and a funky hand like KT,44 then you need a little more than 2:1 to be profitably

I tend to call because he is a fish and can 3bet with funky hands

Good luck,
      Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I raised to $6 so i could shove flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Did you even look at what I wrote? This guy is clearly not a standard AA/KK limp/3better. I appreciate you letting me know what your move would be though.
      Samplesize is too small to make such decisions. I still play my way, and make the raise $5 to be easier to fold.