This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo Versus Limp/3better

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Villain is 60/37 after 18 hands. I like to adjust quickly to retards and this play is rather different to my normal line. Normal Players i would give a range of 99+ AQ+ at the loosest(normally waay tighter) for this play with the addition of possibly some lower pockets for deception or for the donkey factor.

I would like to know your opinions, would you have played for a bet/call as I did or would you have played for a bet/fold possibly raising less preflop for this purpose.

Party Poker $100 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $22.48
      Hero (SB): $19.00
      BB: $100.00
      UTG: $30.02
      UTG+1: $72.60
      MP1: $124.77
      MP2: $20.00
      CO: $28.12

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with J :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, 4 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $20, Hero calls $13 all in

Flop: ($39.00) 2 :heart: T :club: 5 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($39.00) 6 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($39.00) 7 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am Raise/Folding here, he will very often have some kind of nuts hand like KK/AA.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

I am Raise/Folding here, he will very often have some kind of nuts hand like KK/AA.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Did you even look at what I wrote? This guy is clearly not a standard AA/KK limp/3better. I appreciate you letting me know what your move would be though.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I would raise 5BB and fold to a 3-bet, unless he's a maniac and is 3-betting as light as he's 2-betting(from the hands you saw him play in those two rounds).

As played, I'm going broke against him and making a note, because I think this guy can have anything.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Versus this type of player I'd be looking to felt any hand that I'd play for a raise. I like the largish raise-size PF as you can open-shove any flop without making too much off an overbet. NH as played.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising to $5 is sufficient. If he calls, he calls you anyway regardless if its $6 or $5 and playing OOP in a big pot is never a favourite spot

I see people limp/3bet against a shortie who they think is isolating them with as low as 44/KTo but as high as AA/KK

If you determine him 99+,AQ+ and a funky hand like KT,44 then you need a little more than 2:1 to be profitably

I tend to call because he is a fish and can 3bet with funky hands

Good luck,
      Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I raised to $6 so i could shove flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Did you even look at what I wrote? This guy is clearly not a standard AA/KK limp/3better. I appreciate you letting me know what your move would be though.
      Samplesize is too small to make such decisions. I still play my way, and make the raise $5 to be easier to fold.