Build a losing poker hand (Party Poker promotions)

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I've beaten the odds!

[J:diamond: K:club: 8:heart: J:club: ??]

...okay, so it's one pair ($10) with 2 outs to 3oak ($50) and 6 to two pair ($25), so my expected hand value is $13.54, but in this promotion 500 points is very likely to get you absolutely nothing, so I consider myself ahead of the game (I calculated something like $7.50 expectation for each hand in this promotion). However, the promotion itself is quite dreadful and utterly transparently so. Is this typical for party? Rakeback isn't available and the points themselves are practically worthless; other than fast clearance of bonuses, they seem a bit short on perks compared to some other sites.
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Yea got to agree with you their promotions (other than deposit ones) are pretty poor and it seems as if the low stakes players get shafted especially when you factor in that at $0.5/$1 FL they are taking $0.5 off every $5 pot. Although that VIP rakeback thing looks good but again you arent going to clear 3000 points in a month at low stakes rakeback is gods gift to poker players and i wish partypoker had it.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      These promotions are not interesting for the TAG who wants to play +EV.

But PartyPoker is doing the best job in the whole poker industry to attract many bad players/fish. I am writing an article at the moment about exactly this phenomenon. These Build a losing Poker Hands promotions or "open sesame" and all this stuff are generated to attract people who mainly think they can win poker with luck.

By the way the new VIP Promo is excellent!
      Best regards,
      Stefan