Stack
      Hero:
      $2,00
      MP1:
      $10,45
      MP2:
      $11,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 9:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,35) 8:heart: , 9:club: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,15) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, MP2 raises to $1,40, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,55

Quite obvious drawing flop so i potsized, then i tried it on the turn.. Maybe the bet on the turn could be smaller to see what i am against?
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      It's really ugly board on the flop and your hand kinda weak, so I prefer to just c/f all the way and hope for free showdown.

As played, good fold on the turn.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I agree with Burek that passive play is best with this hand. My only comment would be that, as you played it aggressively, I'm not sure it makes sense to fold after the re-raise on the turn - even if you are sometimes behind here. It is a drawy board for sure, but you still have top pair after the turn, which isn't nothing.

You've already invested $1.20 up to the point of villain's re-raise (including your original BB of $0.1) and the final pot is $2.55.

You have to call another $0.8 for a pot of $2.55 which gives you pot odds of 3.2:1 So you only need to win this hand once in every 3.2 times to make it a profitable call in the long run. With top pair I'm willing to go broke with these odds given that villain might be drawing for the flush and if so the turn is no help. He might even have only middle pair at these limits.

I would be interested in the expert's opinion of this rational.

Tim
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by Tim64
      I agree with Burek that passive play is best with this hand. My only comment would be that, as you played it aggressively, I'm not sure it makes sense to fold after the re-raise on the turn - even if you are sometimes behind here. It is a drawy board for sure, but you still have top pair after the turn, which isn't nothing.

You've already invested $1.20 up to the point of villain's re-raise (including your original BB of $0.1) and the final pot is $2.55.

You have to call another $0.8 for a pot of $2.55 which gives you pot odds of 3.2:1 So you only need to win this hand once in every 3.2 times to make it a profitable call in the long run. With top pair I'm willing to go broke with these odds given that villain might be drawing for the flush and if so the turn is no help. He might even have only middle pair at these limits.

I would be interested in the expert's opinion of this rational.

Tim
      +1

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Yea well i wasnt sure about this one.. I mean i got TP but i just didnt feel good..
      I guess in these situations where i dont feel comfortable its better just to c/f and not lose money. I think for me as beginner its better not to lose money by mistake and post that hand to learn, even though some profits can run away from me, what do you think?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I think you're right that the most important thing as a beginner is to learn and you're doing the right thing by posting hands.

I agree with you that c/fold is the best line here. All I wanted to say was that, if you do decide to play these hands aggressively and invest money, it's often -EV to give up the pot at the end when you have already invested a lot and you still have showdown value.

Good luck
      T
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Board is ugly so u can either decide to see a cheap showdown with TPGK or protect your TPTK as much as possible.

I prefer a more passive route and c/c and evaluate the turn.

As played, play Bet/Call on the Turn as Tim pointed out but I think you are either drawing dead against a straight or have massive equity against a FD.

- Gerv