What software do I need?

• mojojo16
      mojojo16
      Bronze
      So i enjoy playing heads up, tournaments, and double or nothings, but I am skeptical of purchaing any "additional" poker software that may enhance my game. I want to hear from someone who has actually downloaded the software, what they use it for, and how profitable it has made them. Can anyone assit?
  • 7 replies
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      poker edge is a pretty useful tool. It marks fish and sharks pretty accurately and has a lobby edge plug in that helps pick the most profitable cash game tables as well.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by REmmell
      poker edge is a pretty useful tool.
      It is also banned by every single poker site in the industry.

Originally posted by mojojo16
      I want to hear from someone who has actually downloaded the software, what they use it for, and how profitable it has made them.
      I personally think tracking software like Poker Tracker is a bare minimum. There's thousands of threads on the usefulness of tracking programs if you just do a search.

Strangely this site doesn't have videos on them like most poker sties. I guess it's because they have their own. It would be better if they spent that time making videos and custom statistics for one of the established trackers.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Get Holdem Manager to track your results in fancy colors.

Its the best. :)

(Ive tried HM, PT3 and Elephonzo.)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Its the best. :)

(Ive tried HM, PT3 and Elephonzo.)
      Maybe that was true two years ago ... HEM has fallen way way behind especially in the HUD department. They are too focused on Omaha now.
    • mojojo16
      mojojo16
      Bronze
      are there any good software systems for tournament play? im not really a cash game player...
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mojojo16
      are there any good software systems for tournament play? im not really a cash game player...
      All the trackers support tournaments. Is there a specific concern you have after evaluating all of the options? They all have free trials.
    • mojojo16
      mojojo16
      Bronze
      i am just worried about downloading a virus or anything, but ill give a few of the above systems a try