$20,47
      MP3:
      $39,04
      Hero:
      $34,49
      BU:
      $20,00

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,20, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, SB folds, BB calls $0,80, MP3 calls $0,80.

Flop: ($4,10) J:spade: , 2:club: , J:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,00, BU calls $3,00, 2 folds.

Turn: ($10,10) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

River: ($22,10) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,00, BU folds.

Final Pot: $32,10

Preflop, Flop: Standard.
      Turn: Here i go for pot control, but villain makes a reasonable 2/3 bet in position, so I just call...
      River: Was my bet too high?, should I have check-raised?. And what to do if river is a blank, maybe c/c reasonable bets, and c/f to a big bet?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Turn: I may have considered Check/Raising here, many PP could Call you here or maybe even bet out myself because he will very often have a smaller PP here. I think betting out would be better in this situation.

As played
      River: Your bet is fine, too bad that they didn't want to Call.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      never ever c/r turn here as suggested, c/c line is fine safe line for bluff induce.

and donk bet/fold river, size is also good
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Talic
      never ever c/r turn here as suggested, c/c line is fine safe line for bluff induce.

Like wtf? Check/Call turn? We need to get value from smaller PPs.
      Like wtf? Bet/Fold river with the nuts? What are you talking about?
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Like wtf? Check/Call turn? We need to get value from smaller PPs.
      Like wtf? Bet/Fold river with the nuts? What are you talking about?
      dear Veriz,

on flop its 4way pot, no doubt someone can have Jx

if you c/r turn you achive only that every PP will fold and every Jx will stack you. Noone will just call your c/r with eg. TT here.

so only possible lines are b/f turn or c/c turn. I even more prefer c/c turn.

on the river if you donkbet and get raised, I dont see a single hand re-raising you that you beat, 55-TT will just call. Jx will raise you, full house will raise you.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Hero has a highest Full House on the river :) Only JJ can beat him, that shouldn't be considered? :)
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      has everyone been drinking too much on this thread?

c/r turn is obviously awful, as nothing worse is going to call and you are not folding anything better.

bet/fold river i can only imagine you didn't read the hand history properly or a typo or something. Bet/call i think is the best line we can get value from hands that will probably check behind like small pps and a J should probably reraise, so donk bet call probably maximises EV, although maybe i make it a little bit smaller to make it more like a block bet which makes it easier for pps to call and also to induce bluffs and also to encourage a reraise from a passive opponent who may not even reraise a J.

obviously KK with the highest full house is the effective nuts here.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I misread the river, Im sorry for that. River is bet/call, even the betsize is good.

but c/r turn is very bad, there I did not misread anything
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I misread the river, Im sorry for that. River is bet/call, even the betsize is good.

but c/r turn is very bad, there I did not misread anything
      +1

If he has Jx, he will raise you and you will get your money in. However, if he has pocket pair, he will often check behind. He is not betting river with an air. So the best way to play the river is b/shove. If you did not improve to fullhouse, c/c like is the best line since it would be w/a w/b.