Hand of the Day - Part II

• Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Another interesting hand for today:

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) link

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:diamond: , A:diamond: .
      BU raises, 1 folds, Hero 3-bets, 1 folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) 5:diamond: , 3:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero Checks , Button bets, Hero Raises, Button Calls.

River: (9.5BB) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button Calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB.

Have fun and also have a look at the preflop action this time :D

Try to justify every move you suggest!

EDIT: fixed the hand :D

Best regards,
      Stefan
  • 11 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      no reads?

preflop standard.
      flop nice... a freecard on the turn won't hurt us much because we are drawing to the nuts. maybe its a bit - ev if he checks behind on the A.
      river is no need to say anything about *g*
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      no reads?

preflop standard.

Why ?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      Originally posted by ciRith
      no reads?

preflop standard.

Why ?
      wtf? this is a button steal raise.... the better question would be "BU raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, "
      how can 2 guys fold between BU and SB LOL
      reformat it pls ^^
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      would it be a big mistake to donk the tun (when you dont know how aggressive the button is ?)
      river is nice... now i unterstand the "pp is rigged" screamers ;)
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      turn is actually the really interesting part of the hand. Try to analyse the play there and figure out which one you would prefer.
      I am btw not sure about the play there either, but i will share my analysis in a while.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Something here is rigged for sure ;)

2x T:diamond: :D

+ the two folds between BU and SB as Cirith mentions of course
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Blinzler
      turn is actually the really interesting part of the hand. Try to analyse the play there and figure out which one you would prefer.
      I am btw not sure about the play there either, but i will share my analysis in a while.
      yep the turn is not easy. i'm waiting for you analyses ^^
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      the following are just thoughts, if you have different opinions, pls still share them! it helps both you and me

on the flop i like the call, with K :diamond: T :diamond: i would 3-bet it though, because i don't want to go to a sd with just K high and would like the foldequity.

On the turn we basically have to decide between b/c and c/r. B/3-bet seems over the top and c/c is pretty weak and leaves value.

What could villain raise on the flop is the most important question, because we basically have to figure out how often he will bet the turn again.
      He might bluffraise this flop and the better line against those hands is definitely c/r because he folds to a donk but likely would fire a second barrel.
      If he raises a J he will most likely still valuebet and only very rarely cb. Same is true for a weaker pair, because he would hate to give us a freecard and might even try to make us fold a high PP with the A on board. Same is true for flushdraws which he will generally bet again with the A on board.
      So basically, against aggressive opponents, the c/r is the clearly better play imo. The more passive villain gets the more i would donk, but i still think that c/r > bet

The only difference would be a very aggressive opponent against whom we could 3-bet this hand +ev (a maniac)
      River is no brainer :D
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      No real satisfying answer til yet :(

Although Blinzlers thoughts are really good and close to the truth :D
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      The hand is quite complicated.

Preflop:
      Wie re-raise the button-raise with our ATs to push the BB out of the hand and try to play HU against the button. (This is advanced preflop play according to the ORC. If you did not read the ORC article yet stick to the SHC. You can make more mistakes with playing to loose)
      On the Flop we hit our Flushdraw with A high. We make a continuation bet to give our opponent the opportunity to fold. But now we get raised by villain at the flop.

With a made hand we would 3bet here but we just have the flush draw here. Of course we have enough outs to flat call the raise.
      But we also have another option here, instead of calling we could raise again here to put him under pressure and perhaps make him fold on the turn with another bet.

You can play hands with so many outs (about 12 outs) out of position more aggressive and a 3bet would be the smarter choice here but a call is no big mistake either.

But the turn is played poorly. With an A as the turn card we MUST bet here out of position. Too often the opponent will check behind with that scare card.
      The problem is that our opponents will call down more often when they face a simple donkbet with weaker hands. but they will more often fold a hand against a check/raise because to see a showdown gets too expansive.

In most cases it won't be a mistake to play your made hands out of position more aggressive.

The river of course is standard.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      so the hands was vs unknown ^^

why do you ask me why it is standard? if we should play it after shc you should add that (i don't think that i have to explain why to play 3-bet here ^^)

the turn is still not easy.. without reads you are right. if he is LAG/Maniac or semi lag/tag a check-raise can work i think :)