BSS FR Cash game player; Should I move to SH games?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've been using the BSS on full ring games now since I joined this community, and its been very positive for me so far. Maybe a bit slow, but I can't commit to much more than 10 hrs a week. My starting bankroll now has tripled playing BSS on full ring .02/.04 NL tables on Titan. I got to wondering if I could or should start playing short handed cash games.

First, like I said, I can't put more than maybe 10hrs a week into playing online. Family and full time job take priority, so any time I do get online is valuable to me to build a bankroll. I've played just under 6200 hands in April in full ring, with a rate of about 20bb/hr, but that fluctuates, and I might be off abit on my estimate as I'm not sure where to find it in Elephant. I don't have the full license yet, so I'm restricted in what it can tell me.

Most of the Silver level videos are geared to short handed games, and doesn't really follow the SHC, understandable so, as you can loosen up quite a bit in short handed games. But I'm not sure if its what I should be doing or not.

I'm really interested in optimizing my time online and making the most out of my time as possible. If I were to move to short handed play, should I see a much better ROI and increase in my bb/hr rate?

Also, I haven't found a SHC for short handed cash anywhere on this site. Is there one?
  • 4 replies
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      There is no SHC in SH games, but there is table with ORC (Open Raise Chart) as i remember. Not sure witch article but i think something about moving to ShortHanded...
      :s_grin:
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Starting Hands Charts are overrated. They form a good baseline while you learn the very basic fundamentals, but no chart can ever be truly profitable.

6 Max games are a different world buddy, but once you switch and get used to them they're a whole lot better than full ring. You're playing more hands, there's more "poker" involved, you get yourself into so many more fun spots. It's way more fun, and you get paid for being good way more often!

Full ring = tight nits folding and never 3betting light. How boring!!!

:)
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sliggy
      Starting Hands Charts are overrated. They form a good baseline while you learn the very basic fundamentals, but no chart can ever be truly profitable.

6 Max games are a different world buddy, but once you switch and get used to them they're a whole lot better than full ring. You're playing more hands, there's more "poker" involved, you get yourself into so many more fun spots. It's way more fun, and you get paid for being good way more often!

Full ring = tight nits folding and never 3betting light. How boring!!!

:)
      I disagree. I've tried shorthanded, it appears to me people there are engaging themselves in preflop wars, forgetting about postflop play (there isnt room for any with the amount of 3betting going there). I do find a lot of interesting spots in FR, and until you reach NL400, you'll find good traffic on every site. So my advice would be: keep perfecting yourself in FR if you enjoy it. If you find it boring, you either have to change your style of play or switch to SH.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I don't have as much experience as you do, but in my opinion shortstckers on FR make postflop game even less interesting than lighter 3bets on shorthanded tables, and you always find minimum 3 or 4 of them on every table these days (at least at partypoker).

For me it's just a question of personal preference - if you enjoy playing full ring - play it. I switched to shorthanded cause the games kept getting more and more boring for me and I play mostly for fun. If you are making good progress on full ring try to take a shot at the higher limit if you feel confident enough and you have a healthy bankroll. Your winrate in bb/h should increase as well. Or maybe try to open more tables at the same time.