Auto Top-Up Feature

• 13 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi hedgingup,

I personally use both the auto buyin & auto topup, I find it a lot easier when multitabling.

Please be aware however that the coaches do not recommend auto topup because the sss strategy actually works best when running at around 18xBB, whereas auto topup will always keep you at 20xBB.

It depends where you are with sss and how confident you are. If just starting out, then its definately best to stick to manual and comply with the min/max limits as set out in the sss strategy guides.

Best regards,

Bart
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      autobuyin is good because when you lose your stack it's harder to notice that and tilt because of it. It's better to not see when you lose if you multitable.

I don't like the autotopup because you are missing the chance to play with a 16-18bb stack which is easier than with 20bb
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I play SSS without the auto top-up feature. The SSS guide tells you to rebuy to 20 BBs when you have 15 BBs or less. I don't know why this is, but there probably is a very good reason for it. Therefore I don't use the auto top-up function. I have the feature turned on which lets you rebuy to 20 BBs when you lose your stack. Only problem might be that when you lose a big pot and only have around 5 BBs left you can't make much profit when you get dealt hands like pocket aces or kings, but that does not happen too often, luckily.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      I found it very cool, I use it to fill up to 20BBs, auto buy in with 20BB, and I manual quit table at 30BB
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Would be better to quit at 25 like advised!
      I play with autorebuy on stars to 20 bb's.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Man, when is ipoker getting this feature?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      i think you can use it with ipoker betpot. I posted it in the mansion section along time ago, but works with all ipoker skins I think. check it out
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      ipoker bet pot

Here ya go. Was in a good mood after great session so looked it up :D
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      o yea i posted there, thnx
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Would be better to quit at 25 like advised!
      I play with autorebuy on stars to 20 bb's.
      quit at 25 is easy but find other table take time (find good table, wait for BB to start play), so I choice 30BB
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Well I definately think it'll hurt you in the long run! Its not like its that hard to find more tables on full tilt!
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Well I definately think it'll hurt you in the long run! Its not like its that hard to find more tables on full tilt!
      thx for your advice,
      in actually, I don't follow strickly with SSS, and I don't multil much table (only 1-2 table),
      still now, I played 5.6k hands and quite good,
      1.5k hands on 1/2 cent, 1.5k hands on 2/4 cent and now comfortable at 5/10 cent
      (I started at fulltilt with 30$, and now my BR is 130$)
      http://www.pokertableratings.com/fulltilt-player-search/likethestorm
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      ok well 5k hands doesn't mean too much, and only up to NL10. I'm just saying, theres a reason they say to leave the table after 25bb's. Keep going, and you might see. But I wish you the best of luck whichever you choose to do!