$26.61
      UTG2:
      $23.34
      CO:
      $50.60
      Hero:
      $20.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:club:
      UTG calls $0.20, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20, 3 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.20, UTG2 calls $1.20, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($5.90) 4:diamond: , 8:spade: , A:heart: (4 players)
      UTG checks, UTG2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3.00, UTG raises to $6.00, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $14.90

Flop: I cbet even with A on flop vs 3 opp because Im ip and was pf aggressor.

Is this recommended? Should I cbet less on this dry flop(probe)?
  • 7 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      With all the checks in front of you, you're almost forced to cbet here just to find out where you stand imo. UTG's range is pretty tight though, I"m expecting him to already have a set, or at least AQ or AKo.

Fold and wait for the next time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I am not really sure but I think I would rather prefer to check behind in 4 way pot, in 3 way pot I might consider betting. And if you decided to bet, then make it a bit bigger, ~$4.50.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

I am not really sure but I think I would rather prefer to check behind in 4 way pot, in 3 way pot I might consider betting. And if you decided to bet, then make it a bit bigger, ~$4.50.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Even if I bet this much with an A too? (balance)

So you recommend check behind and call turn or fold turn directly?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu

Yes, this is for balance. $3 is a way too small bet, some more experienced players may even recognize such moves and just raise your bet with nothing.

Ye, very often I would fold to turn bet because they are very often betting with some weak Ace with they didn't want to bet on flop because of weak kicker.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu

Yes, this is for balance. $3 is a way too small bet, some more experienced players may even recognize such moves and just raise your bet with nothing.
      Supposing I have an A, why would I bet more than 1/2 pot? Its very dry! Is it to make him fold a bad kicker?
      What reason does he to believe I dont have an A?
      Basically I bet to protect vs someone hitting a J,Q or K on later streets. An A or better would raise me and I can safely fold imo.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I c/f here
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Best regards,
      Rensu

Supposing I have an A, why would I bet more than 1/2 pot? Its very dry! Is it to make him fold a bad kicker?
      What reason does he to believe I dont have an A?
      Basically I bet to protect vs someone hitting a J,Q or K on later streets. An A or better would raise me and I can safely fold imo.
      For example, if I see someone betting like that I am very often just raising him because I see weakness in such play. For second one, I want to extract value from weak aces not just make them Call, they will very often at least Call on flop & turn with their weak ace. Why I would raise you? Because it's very cheap to raise you and make you fold even better hands but if you bet bigger then it's harder to raise for him with weaker hands because it costs more. I might be also wrong but that's just my play.