This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo; Battle of the Blinds

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $8.21

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club:
      8 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.32) 2:spade: , A:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.82) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.59 (All-In), BB calls $3.09.

River: ($10.00) 3:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.00

Being first to act, I wanted to show aggression all the way. I have only been on this table for a minute or two, so I'm not able to give much read on opponents other than stats above. Villain cold calling me I figured he was working a smaller Ace, but is there something else I am missing in my read?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Nice hand, well played.

It's 4NL... don't give your opponents too much credit. I definitely shove it in there, if the villain flopped a set... myeah, too bad :p
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Prelop and flop is ok.
      On turn imho you should play bet/fold because I see some hands that can beat you like 2p(AT,A2s,A5s),sets,you beat AQ,AJ,Ax,some draws(unlikely).Board is not very drawy so i think turn raise is serious sign (like Baluga says).To call this raise or push profitably you should have read on this opp that he can raise/push with only tpgk-tpwk. He is not extremely aggressive,AF 2.1,so this opp should raise with made hand or rarely with combo draw like gutshot+fd.
      I definitely shove it in there

Show against certain opp is not mistake but not definitely.
      Gl :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Unless you have very good read I wouldn´t bet/fold turn with tptk, shoving there is perfectly fine.