[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AA on scary flop

• Volrath89
      Known players:

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, SB calls $0,70, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,80) 7:spade: , K:spade: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,40, Hero raises to $4,50, SB calls $3,10.

Turn: ($10,80) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $10,28 (All-In), Hero calls $10,28.

River: ($31,36) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $31,36

My thoughts:

His flop raise is strange, but it could mean three things:
      1. He has nothing, and wants to push me out of the pot with air because of the scary board.
      2. He has a draw, and is playing it aggressively.
      3. He has a made hand which is already beating me.

If he had a made hand, I'd expect more often a check-raise line.

So I raise to see where I am, didn't make it pot size in case he was on a made hand, so I could fold if he went broke. But he just called and that made me strongly think he was on a draw.

So, I put him on a draw, turn is kinda blank (is good for straights but I don't think he plays aggressively straight draws on such a board) but he leads again... should I fold there?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz

Flop: Without the A :spade: I think I would rather prefer to pick pot control line here because when he shoves on turn it will be hard time to Call for you because of the equity. You will need on turn 48,8% equity to make the Call profitable.

As played
      Turn: As such spot came, you have a pretty hard decision, whether he has some Kx hand here but still he could have it with spade, you wouldn't get that great equity against him in such spot. So it's very marginal decision, you will need some reads & notes here for making the Call profitable, that's my opinion. :P

Best regards,
    • Talic
      I call flop and fold to turn bet because hes so tight

as played I fold turn, hes nit (I have the feeling he flopped flush)