Bankroll Challenge - £10k

• platinus
      platinus
      Bronze
      Hello all :)

I recently made a slightly ambitious bet with some of my friends, hoping to make a bankroll of £10,000 by next March. I'm still a student, but I have Study Leave and Summer coming up so I needed something to be getting on with! :]

As for play style, I'm a pretty comfortable player with both LAG and TAG strategies, but I was wondering if you could give me some pointers for starting out, so here is some questions that would help me quite a bit ;)

1. Most effective strategy for getting through the lower stakes and building up the bankroll?

(Was thinking of using the Cash Game strategy featured in "Kill Everyone" as a starting point, but anything that people have found working better would be lovely!)

2. Bankroll Management?

About how many buyins should I be waiting for before moving up a stake? The 50 buyins suggested in "Kill Everyone" seems a bit tedious :D

3. Is going from a simplistic bankroll to £10k plausible in the timescale of just under a year?

My friends don't seem to think so, was wondering on your opinion :]

Thanks a lot for reading,

Platinus :)
  • 7 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      1. Short Stack Strategy, I would say.
      2. Tedious maybe, stoppping you from busting most certainly (providing you drop LAG style).
      3. Not really.... Depends on to many factors, it's possible, if you are a good player, but from reading your post, I'd say you need more experience. Your ego looks like it still take pride of place over your poker skills and this affects decisions, took me years to see this and you'll just fob it off like I did, untill you've lost a bit more.

Good luck though, hope you make it.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      I for one would like to know what is the starting BR that you're going to try and make into those 10k?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      1. TAG because it's less swingy, and works good with multitabling.
      2. Imho: nl10 - 20BI, nl25 - 25bi, nl50 - 30, nl100 40/50bi.
      3. Depends on how good you run, how good you are, how much tables you are capable of playing at once, and how often you tilt.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Are you gonna play FR or SH?
      As some have said, TAG is less swingy but imo you should play the most profitable way on the table you are at. But that's hard when heavy MT.

Oh and what is starting BR

Finally good luck!

-Jack
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      The starting bankroll from which he'll try to get the 10k.

If he like... Starts at 500$ or 200$. You know, his bankroll that he's going to start with.
    • platinus
      platinus
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

Well recently i've been playing SH, it seems to suit me better over FR because the action moves a bit quicker.

And starting bankroll is £50 (75$ish)

=]
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      The starting bankroll from which he'll try to get the 10k.

If he like... Starts at 500$ or 200$. You know, his bankroll that he's going to start with.
      lol i knew, i was asking how much it was going to be :P badly phrased... bad english :D