1 overcard on flop?

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Let's say that the flop is K72 rainbow and we have AQ, AJ or AT. how many outs can we give ourselves for this hand vs. 2, 3 or 4 opponents?

or, an even better example, we have A9 on J23 flop.

cheers!

primzi
  • 4 replies
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Is this in a raised or limped pot?

In a limped pot, say in the A9 hand, I'd even discount some of the A outs because it may give someone 2 pair.

I'm not expert, but I'll take a stab at this anyway. In first hand in a raised pot I'd give you 3 A outs + 66% of your 3 Q outs, because they have a 1/3 chance of hitting the flop. But against a tighter range I'd discount the Q outs alltogether. As I said, this is my inexpert guesstimate thinking. I'd love to hear some expert opinions though :)
    • dulitul
      dulitul
      Bronze
      it is written in the articles , that with overcards we should raise or call just once , if the pot was raised - then we should fold or merely call...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dulitul
      it is written in the articles , that with overcards we should raise or call just once , if the pot was raised - then we should fold or merely call...
      2 overcards is different than 1 overcard .
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Primzi,

against 2 opponent I think you can give yourself no more that 3 outs with only pair outs. The chance that someone already has a pair bigger than your kickr is too high. You also have some reverse implied odds as you don't always win if you improve so overall 3 outs should be fine.
      Against 3 or more I say 2 outs is a good number. Without any acton the chance drawing against a better hand is pretty low. With action is goes down to 0. :)