Skipping a level

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

simple question really, considering some sites (Ipoker for example) do not have a 0.15/0.30 level do you think players there are missing out? I understand that there won't be a lot of difference in play standard but it does ease up the money scale easier.

Thoughts?
  • 16 replies
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      I guess if u have to start at 0.10/0.20 it will just take more time to grind there to get big enough BR for 0.25/0.50 which should be really easy since 0.25/0.50 is a joke itself. Other than that i dont see any other drawbacks.

Also at 0.25/0.50 we arent really talking about some serious money so it shouldnt be a problem mentally to skip a level.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gape0000
      I guess if u have to start at 0.10/0.20 it will just take more time to grind there to get big enough BR for 0.25/0.50 which should be really easy since 0.25/0.50 is a joke itself. Other than that i dont see any other drawbacks.

Also at 0.25/0.50 we arent really talking about some serious money so it shouldnt be a problem mentally to skip a level.
      Depends on the persons overall life bankroll ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Originally posted by gape0000

Depends on the persons overall life bankroll ;)
      Well, not really! It all depends on considered and appropriate BRM - which is what gape0000 was alluding to. :f_grin:
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Basically, if the site does not offer a level, then just go to the next one that the site offers. Everything is relative to skill level anyway, which is relative to what is available. So if .25/.50 is the next stake on that site, then it is also the next step in skill level on that site as well.

Strict bankroll management and basic ABC poker will get you much farther than .25/.50.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      If there istnt level 0.15 0.3 then i have reached to 0.25 0,5 then having downswing. Should i move back on 90 or 60 if earlier limit was 0,1 0,2?
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kevvu
      If there istnt level 0.15 0.3 then i have reached to 0.25 0,5 then having downswing. Should i move back on 90 or 60 if earlier limit was 0,1 0,2?
      You could move down when you reach 60 (according to BRM), but I'd move down with 100, because by then I'd have lost 100 BB on the new level and maybe ain't prepared enough.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      You could move down when you reach 60 (according to BRM), but I'd move down with 100, because by then I'd have lost 100 BB on the new level and maybe ain't prepared enough.
      Good advice imo. :)
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      But if i have moved up one time and moved back when i had 100 and then got again needed amount to move up and now losing again, what to do?
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Kevvu

I would go back to the lower level and continue to work on your game. Losing could be due to variance but there could be leaks in your game as well. By the way what site do you play on?
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      Kevvu

I would go back to the lower level and continue to work on your game. Losing could be due to variance but there could be leaks in your game as well. By the way what site do you play on?
      I play in Pokerstars. I am looking someone who can help me. I have read basic articles and bronze ones couple of times and I have read silver too. But I understood that in 0.1 0.2 I cant use silver articles, these are too advanced to play against total idiots.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Kevvu

I have played 0.10/0.20 on stars and its a pretty bad level. As you have said advanced plays are not needed at this level.

I would just use the basic starting hand chart and throw in some big blind defense and that should be enough to be a winning player at that level.

Also re read the articles on evaluating the flop, turn and river.

If you still end up having a rough time with it make a video and upload it on here and we can evaluate your play.

Good luck.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Okey I do like u sayed and if I still have problems then I make video and upload it. :P
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      But for 0,25 0,5? I am still there. Some days winning and some not. How many tables i can play in one time? Biggest day swing have been 50$.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      But for 0,25 0,5? I am still there. Some days winning and some not. How many tables i can play in one time? Biggest day swing have been 50$.
      Play as many tables as you feel comfortable with. For full ring I usually play 4-6 tables. How about 4 tables. You can tile your games and see whats going on at all of your tables. How many tables do you usually play?

Remember everyday can't be a winning day. If it were that easy everyone would play online poker. Had my worst day today down $25.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      Play as many tables as you feel comfortable with. For full ring I usually play 4-6 tables. How about 4 tables. You can tile your games and see whats going on at all of your tables. How many tables do you usually play?

Remember everyday can't be a winning day. If it were that easy everyone would play online poker. Had my worst day today down $25.
      I usually start with 4 table and play 1 or 1,5 hour and do notes for players and playing according these. But often I start losing and getting many bad loses. Its quite boring to play just 4 tables, especially if i lose then it destroy my moral, but if i play more tables then it doesnt give me so big influence. In lower limit i played 9 tables. If i lose in 0.25 0.5 - 20$ then i usually open 9 tables and try very hard and when getting back to 0 then end playing. Is it normal?
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      kevvu

I would just stick to 4 tables no matter what until you become alot more confident in your play. 4 fr tables can become a bit boring sometimes.

As for opening up more tables at the higher limit when your behind sounds like your tilting. I would not do this. Just stick to the four and you will get better reads and make better decisions.