Sng frustration ...

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi ,
      My BR currently is 65$ and I'm playing 1$ SnG.
      Each time I play 4 games and it seems that most of the time I'm break even.
      This is frustrating , It seems to be profit , I have to be ITM at least 2/4 of the games

Attached graph of my last 50 games (since 26th April).

Any insights ?

• 9 replies
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      I may get shot down by the SNG whizzes, but I found it hard to make a decent profit at $1 games. I know its the same percentage of pot that you win as in a $20 game, I just find them more swingy, partly due to the enforced luck factor because of your opponents ability.
      I would suggest getting some more volume, you are breaking even, so you can't be many mistakes :D

One other quick note on SNG's, work on your HU play! A lot!
      You didn't mention your 1st to 2nds ratio, but a big swing towards more 1sts can make that graph look a HELL of a lot different.
      Good luck :)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity
      I may get shot down by the SNG whizzes, but I found it hard to make a decent profit at $1 games. I know its the same percentage of pot that you win as in a $20 game, I just find them more swingy, partly due to the enforced luck factor because of your opponents ability.
      I would suggest getting some more volume, you are breaking even, so you can't be many mistakes :D

One other quick note on SNG's, work on your HU play! A lot!
      You didn't mention your 1st to 2nds ratio, but a big swing towards more 1sts can make that graph look a HELL of a lot different.
      Good luck :)
      Thank you.
      You can sharkscope me : FoldiWanKenobi
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      I don't pay for sharkscope, so can't have a propper look. I mean, one thing I would suggest is moving to somewhere with 10/15c rake on $1 SNG's because 25c a pop is a lot!

If you do not want to do that, I would again just work a lot on your endgame and HU to make the most of your good situations.

Edit: Over your 50 games, if you had been paying 10c instead of 25c rake you would have saved $7.50!
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      My friend, I started from 5$ and I was happy when I won 50cents in one day (5hours of play)!
      Some days I lost 1$ and I was desperate. But I kept playin, I started to know how do those donks play and than I could beat am more and more and move higher. Just stop tellin this bull sh!t and play ur best and learn from stuff/your mistakes.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I found it very hard to make profit on very low limits due to the luck factor. You need ot be able ot adjust your game for v loose opponents and you don't have that skill when you just start playing.

Your number of games is not a good sample size, but i think i know what's your problem:
      First, don't play 4 a time. play 1 a time. observe the opponents and you will start getting profit. I ALWAYS win a lot when I play 1 table and hardly break even when I'm 4-tabling.
      Second, FOLLOW the strategy articles. If you think you play 100% according to them, review your game and see if there are any mistakes. Re-read the articles again and get the max info out of them. You're likely to be making many ICM-wrong decicions.
      Third, if you have any experience playing DONS, try playing DoNs one limit above what your BR allows. THIS IS ONLY APPLICABLE if you ACTUALLY KNOW how to play DoNs. If you don't - never try it.

Good luck!
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndySk
      My friend, I started from 5$ and I was happy when I won 50cents in one day (5hours of play)!
      Some days I lost 1$ and I was desperate. But I kept playin, I started to know how do those donks play and than I could beat am more and more and move higher. Just stop tellin this bull sh!t and play ur best and learn from stuff/your mistakes.
      Problem is that 5$ is beyond BRM.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mChavez
      I found it very hard to make profit on very low limits due to the luck factor. You need ot be able ot adjust your game for v loose opponents and you don't have that skill when you just start playing.

Your number of games is not a good sample size, but i think i know what's your problem:
      First, don't play 4 a time. play 1 a time. observe the opponents and you will start getting profit. I ALWAYS win a lot when I play 1 table and hardly break even when I'm 4-tabling.
      Second, FOLLOW the strategy articles. If you think you play 100% according to them, review your game and see if there are any mistakes. Re-read the articles again and get the max info out of them. You're likely to be making many ICM-wrong decicions.
      Third, if you have any experience playing DONS, try playing DoNs one limit above what your BR allows. THIS IS ONLY APPLICABLE if you ACTUALLY KNOW how to play DoNs. If you don't - never try it.

Good luck!
      Hi there ,
      I played DoNs a lot in pokerstars (the 5$ and I manage to boost my BR by 80%) but in fulltilt there are no DoNs...
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      my BR was 5$ ! And I played 1,25 matrix tourneys on FT
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      my BR was 5$ ! And I played 1,25 matrix tourneys on FT
      And how high did you manage to raise it ? :-)