[NL2-NL10] NL200 ATo BvB

• Gerv
      No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($40)
      Button ($75)
      Hero (SB) ($36)
      BB ($107.25)

UTG ($38)
      MP ($256.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, A
      4 folds, Hero bets $5, BB calls $4

Flop: ($12) 7, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($12) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, BB calls $7

River: ($26) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8, Hero folds

Total pot: $26

There is a mistake due converter preflop: I raise 3bb FI SB!

Should I just c-bet Postflop although board is dry + he ain't folding really much against a c-bet
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      I saw a similar hand in video I watched today(BSS). I think against this type of opponent 2x barreling could/should work. I'd c-bet flop 8$ with intention to push turn and this should make him fold PPs and air most of the time, but in case he's got a Kx you still have 1 OC and GS on the turn. This however might not work if you have loose stealing image with him.
    • DaPhunk
      Opponent is pretty passive but doesn't fold often so I think Missing cbet is fine. If you want to cbet you have to Double Barrel to make him give up his weak holdings.

If He has a K and Calls that's good for your image. He'll call you down with weaker Kings in Future. Obviously You can't do this every time though.

About Turn; It is my opinion, that a standard line of weak passive players can be to Check Flop To Bet a Later Street when they hit Top Pair against Short Stacks or Otherwise. Often Betting they just 1/2 Pot or even smaller into Turn. They Still Often call Weaker Hands, and will not fold without a Subsequent Bet on River(thus no FE)

Anyone's Thoughts on Check/Folding or Check/Calling Turn (if implieds correct) due to this Theory?

Come To think of it, Do you think CbetSize makes much difference to his flop calling range here? You could just make the cbet smaller so it doesn't have to work so much. If He's just looking at his cards and folding When he thinks he has nothing then his Fold2Cbet% May not Change.
    • burek2000
      I think c-betting flop and then giving up the hand doesn't make much sense, because I don't see him folding anything that he called preflop on this flop in BvB despite the amount we bet.

So, I'd like to second barrel and therefore I'd prefer to raise bigger, 8$, so we are left on the turn with just right stack to push and this would put a lot of pressure on the opponent, because he would face 2 really strong bets.

On the other hand, I would prefer to just c/f this hand all the way rather than c-bet, because I really don't see enough FE and hopefully he will play c/c as well, since he's not that aggro.
    • ysessa
      cbet flop push turn should be fine, he only folds 40% against c bets but only has 29wts so he will fold some hands. on the turn you have 8 outs and some fe so this should be a perfect spot for a push, without gut shot improvement you could c/f some turns. but i definitely cbet khigh flops against him.